Etheria is the world's most respected competition showcase of new sci-fi, fantasy, action, thriller and horror films directed by women. Our audience includes producers, managers, show runners, distributors, and genre fans. Our festival’s goal is to highlight women directors making fantastic genre films and to connect these filmmakers to industry professionals.
ALL FILMS submitted to Etheria Film Night on FilmFreeway will be immediately considered for:
- The MAIN June lineup in Hollywood, California of the best new short genre films directed by women
- THE WORLD TOUR - an ongoing travelling showcase that takes selected films around the world for festivals, university screenings, conventions, and private events
The 2020 Etheria Film Night Hollywood Showcase will take place at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood, California in June, 2020. The event is hosted by American Cinematheque, a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting all forms of films through screenings at the historic Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood and Aero Theatre in Santa Monica.
Best Film - cash prizes, cool stuff, shiny award
Audience Award - cash prizes, cool stuff, audience award
Best Script - ISA membership
All competition selections receive a plaque/statue and a feeling of unrivaled success
Your film MUST be directed by a woman. A woman is someone who currently identifies as a woman when it comes to gender or sex. If there is a co-director, they must also be a woman. We are no longer accepting films with male co-directors. We embrace the queer and LGBT communities. If you have any questions about your eligibility, please do not hesitate to ask the director of programming: email@example.com.
Etheria Film Night only screens science fiction, horror, action, thriller, fantasy, speculative fiction, adventure, dark drama, grindhouse, crime, western, satire, dystopian, apocalyptic, mystery, noir, dark comedy, heist, disaster films, and any combination thereof.
Etheria Film Night plays a lineup of roughly 6-12 short films and one feature-length film. A short film should be between one minute and 20 minutes in length. We are no longer accepting feature film submissions. Feature films are invite-only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Feature films may not be submitted through the form on the website or through the submission services.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. It doesn’t matter if your short film has screened anywhere else first; this is a showcase of the very best new films regardless of previous screenings. Think of us as a “best of” short film event.
FEATURE FILMS are invite-only and are no longer accepted via submissions. If you have any questions, email email@example.com
1. Have your acceptance materials READY to send in. If accepted you will need to deliver materials with a very tight deadline, otherwise your film may get cut from the lineup. It’s your responsibility to provide materials so we may effectively screen your film.
2. You must be the copyright owner of the film.
Filmmakers will be notified regarding their acceptance status on or about March 1, 2019. Your film materials will be due immediately upon acceptance. These materials are due immediately, otherwise your film may not be screened (please, do not zip digital files).
1. Three high resolution digital photos of the director. Photos need to be 300 DPI and over 800 pixels. Aim for production stills that capture filmmaker directing/producing on set.
2. Five high resolution digital images from the submitted entry. This can be screenshots, posters, and production stills. Photos need to be 300 DPI and over 800 pixels.
3. A mailed physical copy of the film on a drive. Address will be provided. These are the film file requirements:
Quicktime File (MP4 or MOV)
Bitrate: 40 Mbps
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (add letterboxing/pillarboxing if necessary)
Resolution: 1920 x 1080p
AAC Audio at 16-bit or 24-bit, at least 48kHz