Equal Footing is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to empower women and underrepresented voices in the film industry to tell their stories and get their projects off the ground. The Equal Footing Female Film Festival is one of the first ever all female film festivals celebrating films made 100% by women, bringing together the best emerging female talent in the world.
Equal Footing Film Festival -- in association with HA Festival: The Art of Comedy returns on September 17-19 2021, 3 days, 6+ Venues in the San Antonio Riverwalk Area, 20+ Shows where all forms of comedy art, including stand up, sketch, variety and film, will be on display through Live Events, Livecast and Streaming. The festival is sponsored by Warner Media, AT&T, and HBO Max.
From thousands of submissions from across the country, noteworthy female filmmakers will be selected as finalists to be flown out all expenses paid to the festival in San Antonio to premiere their films -- which will be judged by Equal Footing vetted judges including celebrity comedians.
We will also host a panel including celebrity speakers and noteworthy female directors and executives. The members of our jury are award winning artists and executives from all around the world.
Equal Footing Film Festival
Awards and prize money will be awarded at the end of the premiere event in San Antonio. NO international entries. ****The winning short film with be featured in the comedy special airing on HBO Max!**** This is an extraordinarily unique opportunity for your film to be featured on a global level on HBO Max.
1st place- $1500
2nd place- $1000
3rd place- $500
1. Project must be created by female identifying person(s).
2. Submitted material must not exceed 13 min including credits. Submitted written material (screenplays) must not exceed 10 pages.
3. Project streaming on VOD platforms and Youtube/Vimeo are eligible if created within the last 3 years.
4. Films must have been completed within the past three years.
5. Non English language films need to have English subtitles.
6. Premiere status is not required and all films are qualified to submit.
7. The festival has the right to use promotional material.
8. The filmmaker has secured all the rights.
9. Entry fees are non refundable.
10. All entries must be of comedy genre.
Only For the Equal Footing Film Festival:
1. Filmmakers must reside in the United States. No international entries.