Welcome to Depth Of Field International Film Festival, an event listing on IMDb: If you win an award with DOFIFF, you will have the advantage of being able to link your DOFIFF event award to your IMDb film page…an exceptional enhancement for visibility and publicity purposes.
Rejected films also have access to Feedback: The one element most festivals ignore.
Instead of paying submission fees and getting nothing in return, EVERYONE who submits to DOFIFF.COM, will receive EITHER ONE OF TWO benefits: Either 1): your film is already competition calibre, and becomes an Official Selection, OR 2): you’ll receive a letter outlining exactly what is keeping it from being accepted upon request. If you can make corrections, you resubmit for FREE.
First-time filmmakers: when have you ever received a letter and had the festival explain "WHY" you weren't selected? See why filmmakers thank us and ranked us as a 'FilmFreeway Top 100 Review' festival to say “Best Festival Ever!”
Top-winning films at DOFIFF have already received distribution, through our exclusive distributor relationships:
- Guaranteed distributor review by World Wide Motion Pictures Corporation (WWMPC.COM) for features, Adler & Associates for features and shorts, and Polaris Pictures (for Screenplays) among others, AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU, for our select few ‘Best Of’ and "Award of Outstanding Excellence" winners in the 20 Major categories, based on sufficient qualified entries. For this free service, DOFIFF requires NO CONTRACTS to be signed.
- Other fests claim to “invite” distributors to a venue: We Deliver Them To You Directly, Guaranteed.
- A festival that is run as a web-based competition, instead of a traditional film festival: 100% of our effort and investment goes into finding a market for you, not into renting theatres unless it is dictated by the distributors to further test the market.
- DOFIFF, in conjunction with WRPN.TV Entertainment Network, may also offer a unique opportunity to show your film to a world-wide community of video fans from dozens of countries that filmmakers would not normally have access to, in the form of an optional On-Demand video play opportunity. On-Demand will be available later this year for “Best Of Show,” “Outstanding Excellence,” “Excellence,” and even some “Exceptional Merit” winners, so don’t miss this chance to get in early and reap financial rewards for all your hard work.
- Any film that is rejected will receive a personal letter explaining what elements caused the rejection (unlike other fests who never give any explanation at all). HINT: majority of rejections or low award levels, are due to insufficient volume on dialogue soundtracks. You may also receive feedback notes for a small fee, even if you win an award.
- Any film that is accepted, but fails to move on to award status, will be given a free synopsis of the judges notes, at the filmmakers request, for free
- FREE Earlybird entry of any rejected film, into DOFIFF’s next competition, upon completion of the suggested corrections outlined in your rejection letter
- $28 flat fee for ALL STUDENT FILM ENTRIES regardless of deadline status (proof required of student status at time of filming: no refunds if your ID is not legitimate)
- Unique Category distinctions:
“Dust Collector” category for pre-2009 films
“Tight Shorts” and “Loose Shorts” distinction between running times of less than 15 minutes and those between 15-59 minutes
“Horror” and “Sci-Fi” have been separated into two distinct categories
- Finally, you can rest assured that our (DOFIFF's) founders are registered Committee Members for the Universal Film & Festival Organization (UFFO.ORG). The UFFO is a non-profit operating out of the U.K., which exists for "Promoting best business practices for film festivals.” This guarantees that your film will benefit from a fair and thorough judging process.
DOFIFF, in cooperation with our distribution colleagues, is proud to offer guaranteed distributor review to the top winners in these award levels in the 20 Major categories*:
"Best Of Show"
"Award of Outstanding Excellence"
*(Please note: If there is insufficient competition within any particular category, DOFIFF reserves the right to withdraw a "Best Of" presentation in that particular category.)
Other award levels include:
"Award of Excellence"
"Award Of Exceptional Merit"
"Award Of Merit"
"Kudos Endeavor Award"
DOFIFF is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for competition at the Festival for promotional purposes.
A brief clip of winning entries may also be streamed on the DOFIFF.COM website and WRPN.TV.
The number of awards granted at any given level will fluctuate based on the total number of entries received for each competition deadline. Just as entering major categories does not insure selection or award, entering sub-categories also does not insure selection or award; Filmmakers who enter sub-categories only (without entering a major category) may be rejected if the judges do not feel the submitted sub-category is of merit, even if the film itself is of merit and could have been award-worthy. Conversely, films may also receive awards for sub-categories written in by the judges even if the filmmaker did not submit for them.
Also, your film name will appear in the Official Selection list only if you have submitted the entire film into one of the 20 Major (full-price) Categories (films submitted for judging in reduced-rate, production value sub-categories only, will not be listed).
Submitting your film to DOFIFF automatically puts you on our mailing list, to receive emails from DOFIFF and WRPN.TV, so that you will be informed of developments regarding the status of your film. This mailing list is private and will not be shared with any third parties. You may unsubscribe at any time at the risk of missing pertinent information regarding your film.
The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
The Competition reserves the right to refuse entries, and there are no waivers.
DVD's WILL NOT BE RETURNED!
Submissions in other than English must be subtitled, dubbed or include an English transcript.
If there is insufficient competition within any particular category, DOFIFF reserves the right to withdraw a "Best Of" presentation in that particular category.
In order to insure that each film is studied and rated an individual basis, DOFIFF has instituted a system to insure that entries do not compete against each other, but instead are recognized for their own individual merits. For all intents and purposes, they compete against themselves: each entry is judged on individual merits and scored on an inherent value system. We want to insure that the judges’ focus is on you when it is your turn to be evaluated, not on all the other films that are in cue: this insures that they will not have comparisons going on in their minds when they should be focusing entirely on YOU.
Judges score entries on a performance scale and winning entries are recognized and awarded not only for Best Of Show, but also for two Awards of Excellence levels, two Awards of Merit levels, a Kudos Endeavor Award, or no award.
Best of Show honors are granted to the top scoring entry/entries for each season; Awards of Excellence are granted to entries with truly exceptional artistic and technical achievements; and notable achievements are recognized at the Award of Merit and 'Kudos' award levels.
The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless DEPTH OF FIELD INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL, WRPN.TV, and ROMAN PICTURES from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
Submitting filmmakers whom have in any way been associated with Roman Pictures, WRPN.TV, or any of the executive producers for the above mentioned organizations, will be disqualified due to conflict of interest, and any submission fees will be refunded. The filmmaker hereby asserts that no such association with executive producers for Roman Pictures or WRPN.TV exists or has existed in the past.