The ShowRoom Cinema and Parlor Gallery are producing the first Asbury Park Erotic Film Festival to unspool August 5-7 2016 in downtown Asbury Park. “Asbury Park is known for its love of freedom, hedonistic recreation and eclectic artistic spirit so it seems like a fertile environment for a collection of films, art and events that focus on erotica”, said Mike Sodano, co-founder of The ShowRoom Cinema. Festival Programmer Alex Chionetti will help to create the film lineup. "I have an international pool of filmmakers who have produced erotic features seldom seen in this country." Chionetti says.
A component of the festival is the Film Challenge, open to filmmakers. The EROS-in-3 Film Challenge gives filmmakers the opportunity to create a 3 minute EROTIC film over the course of 72 hours. The longline of your film: What IS Erotic?
There are three levels of awards: First Runner Up, Best Erotic Film, and Audience Favorite. Certificates will be handed to First Runner Up and Audience Favorite, the Best Erotic Film will receive awards gifts and prizes valued at $200 .
The EROS-in-3 Film Challenge Rules to qualify for submission:
1. Length of erotic film must be no longer than 3 minutes, including credits;
2. The film must include a specific line of dialog given to entrants via download: (available here: http://aperoticfilmfestival.com/eros-in-3-film-challenge/).
3. The film must include the use of a specific prop given to entrants via download: (available here: http://aperoticfilmfestival.com/eros-in-3-film-challenge/).
4. Your film must answer the question "What IS Erotic?" in your own personal creative way.
5. Your film subject must include or be related to the theme of the event, which is eroticism, sexuality, fetish, lifestyle, pornography, sex activism, etc. It can be in any genre: comedy, documentary, music video, interview, etc.
6. All filmmakers and actors must be 18 years or older and have signed a personal waiver and the filmmaker must complete the entry form available via download: available here: (http://aperoticfilmfestival.com/eros-in-3-film-challenge/). . All forms to be included with your project submission via FilmFreeway.
7. Review copy must be available to be viewed on FilmFreeway.
8. Selected films must be available in a non-compressed digital format for download
The final deadline for submissions is July 31, 2016