The Dallas Movie Awards is an international bi-monthly online film festival . The festvial is an independent film festival that puts the spotlight on short films – a category that unfortunately doesn’t get the mainstream attention it deserves. The festvial want to promote films that pay special attention to represent an alternative vision of reality.
The festival is an international bimonthly online festival. The results of the winning films in the various categories will be published at each bi-monthly deadline. The best films of each period will be part of the final selection and will be screened online during the festival event. To do this, each month, the jury will make a private viewing to decide the winners of the period. The selected film for the final ceremony will be chosen among the winners of each month's "Best Film" award.
Categories & Awards
The festival program will consist of international short films of different genres. All styles, genres and languages are welcome. Our team of judges, who come from filmmaking and academic backgrounds, will select the best films to screen for the audience.
We will award winners in categories such as:
BEST US FILM
BEST INTERNATIONAL FILM
BEST MICRO SHORT (under 5 minutes)
BEST DRAMA FILM
BEST HORROR / MYSTERY
BEST CRIME / ACTION
BEST SCI-FY / FANTASY
BEST SOCIAL JUSTICE
BEST ORIGINAL IDEA
BEST LOW BUDGET FILM
BEST ANIMATION FILM
BEST FIRST TIME DIRECTOR
BEST UNPRODUCED SCRIPT
BEST WEB SERIES
Rules & Terms
- Registration for the competition must be made by FilmFreeway , then the author will receive an email notification of registration.
- Films may have been produced anywhere in the world, without any distinction.
- In case of selection at the final evening of the festival, the subtitle srt files must be sent in English.
- Each film may have a maximum length of 60 minutes.
- Each author can register more than one film.
- All film genres are accepted.
– By registering, you declare that you have the rights to the registered film
– The festival may use for promotional purposes the data of authors, producers and crew, the movie poster, the trailer and a maximum of 1 minute of the video
– Films that incite violence or hatred in general are not accepted
– By registering the film at our festival you agree to share personal data with partner festivals, but only for promotional purposes.
-In case of selection the author and / or production and / or holder of the rights of each film must send a downloadable link (via file sharing platforms such Wetrasnfer, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) to the festival organization. This video must be in usable format for projection, the basic format is required FullHD 1080p.
- A complete list of selected films will be published on the festival website, the authors of the selected films instead receive a mail of selection.
-The author and / or production and / or holder of the rights of each film by subscribing to the festival claims to be in possession of the rights of reproduction video and audio of the film.
-Any material sent to the organization of the festival will not be returned.
- The author and / or production and / or holder of the rights of all selected films authorize the publication of their data the festvial website and on every type of distribution channel as promotion.
- The admission to the Festival implies the unconditional acceptance of this regulation.