Congratulations to Semi-Finalists, Finalists and Award Winners! We received 67 submissions and provided 30 awards for our first season. We've updated our website with links to the #CICHFF 2018 Event Program, Poster and Laurel. Please contact us for the passcode. Warm thanks to our guests, sponsors and judges.
On Tues., May 1, 2018, 5-8 PM, we hosted a private post-festival live screening of Jeff Eichen's Lifers Madness the Movie, which stars Tommy Chong, at Denver Open Media (DOM), 700 Kalamath Street. Please note, DOM is a non-smoking venue. Please consult their website for more rules and guidelines.
Here are the #CICHFF 2018 Award Winners. We'll post additional details at our website in upcoming weeks.
1. Most Hip & Cool Music Video: Revolution by Maxim Rozkov, The Dark Side of Venus - Everything Feels Fake by Marco Vallini; 2. Best Foreign Music Video, Suffer by Huw Brentnall; 3. Most Memorable Music Video: Goldmine in the Attic by Ted Pettus; 4. Best Costume & Makeup in a Music Video: Varya Demidova - Ashageta by Mikhail Romanovskiy; 5. Best Cinematography in a Foreign Music Video: A Woman Who Has Gone Through Me by Sasha Brova, Revolution by Maxim Rozkov.
6. Best Production Design in a Music Video: Goldmine in the Attic by Ted Pettus; 7. Best Cinematography in a USA Music Video: TheRealAGE- ONE by Hector Quijano; 8. Best Cannabis Activist Theme Music Video: Left for Dead - Medicate Me by Kyle Geller, Road Trip with KD and Macy by George Wada; 9. Best Cannabis Theme Music Video: Left for Dead - Medicate Me by Kyle Geller, Pure Flowers - Lil' Stoner Girl by Phil and Bodhi; 10. Best Animation in a Music Video: Terrence McKenna - Discovered by Tim Johnson; 11. Best to Watch Stoned Music Video: My Favorite Drug by Jack Butler, Canopy by Adam Rosenberg; 12. "Rising Star” for a Music Video: Jai Lee - How I Feel by Jayniece Prichette.
13. Best Acting in a Film: A Midwestern Methamphetamine Fairytale by Sean Martinez; 14. Best in Show for a Film: Milk and Cookies by Syd and Mike; 15. Best Cinematography in a Dramatic Short Film: CASHED by Serena Ryen; 16. Best USA Dramatic Short Film: CASHED by Serena Ryen, The Art of the Deal by Ryan Glasser; 17. Best Music/Soundtrack: Milk and Cookies by Syd and Mike; 18. Best Comedic Docu/Series or Short Film: Mile High Nancy by Nancy Fingerhood, Milk and Cookies by Syd and Mike; 19. Best Costume & Makeup in a Film: Bong of the Living Dead by Max Groah, The Art of the Deal by Ryan Glasser; 20. Best Documentary or Docu/Series Short Film: Medical Marijuana and Money Laundering by Matt Wood, Travel Buds by Jonathan Lanz; 21. Best Foreign Cannabis Activist Theme Film: Leaf by Damon McDonald; 22. Best USA Cannabis Activist Theme Film: Lifers Madness the Movie by Jeffrey Eichen, A Day with Miguel Lopez by Jack Butler.
23. Best Production Design in a Film: A Midwestern Methamphetamine Fairytale by Sean Martinez; 24. Best Titles, Graphics & Animation in a Foreign Docu/Short Film: Re-legalized, a Journey…by Francesco Bussalai; 25. Best Titles, Graphics & Animation in a USA Docu/Short Film: Beginning of the Road by Jeremiah Thompson; 26. Best Actor in a Foreign/USA Film: Kevin Durkin - Mile High Nancy, Royal Allen - Hey Bud! by David Bergen; 27. Best Actress in a Foreign/USA Film: Serena Ryen, CASHED by Serena Ryen, Tiffany Arnold, Bong of the Living Dead by Max Groah; 28. "Rising Star" for a Film: Hannah Goergen, A Midwestern Methamphetamine Fairytale by Sean Martinez.
29. Best TV Screenplay: Pipe Dreams by Jess Ansik; 30. Best Cannabis Theme Screenplay, Char Wars: Darth Vaper by Ron Podell.
Cannabis is simply the scientific name given to the Marijuana plant. Some states, such as Colorado, have legalized the plant for recreational use much like alcohol. The regulation and legality of Cannabis & Hemp has been left up to each individual state and U.S. territory. While many states and territories have passed legislation making the distribution and use of Cannabis legal for patients diagnosed with cancers and other medical conditions, others still arrest and jail innocent people for using it. With the federal government agreeing with researchers and patients that there are, in fact, many benefits, one has to wonder when the use of Cannabis will become common across all fifty states.
To get an idea of the types of films we are hoping to attract, browse the selections at Films for Action and Top Documentary Films. Submission topics include Law & Jurisprudence,, Cannabis Economics, Impact on Environment, Natural Healing and Spirituality.
All perspectives on the legitimate uses of Cannabis, Hemp & remotely related topics are welcome.
Music Video (MV): 1) Best Hip & Cool Music Video, 2) Best Festival Theme Music Video, 3) "Rising Star" Music Video, 4) Best Colorado & the West Music Video, 5) Best International Music Video, 6) Best Animation in a Music Video, 7) Best Costumes & Makeup in a Music Video, 8) Best Production Design in a Music Video.
Film (F): 1) Best in Show Drama 2) Best in Show Documentary 3) Best Soundtrack Drama 4) Best Soundtrack Documentary 5) Best Cinematography Drama 6) Best Cinematography Documentary 7) Best Acting Drama 8) Best Host Documentary 9) Best Titles, Graphics & Animation Drama 10) Best Titles, Graphics & Animation Documentary 11) Best Animation Short/Feature 12) Best Dramatic Short, 13) Best Documentary Short 14) Best Comedic Short/Feature, 15) Best International Festival Theme, 16) Best USA Festival Theme 17) Best Costumes & Makeup Short/Feature 18) Best Production Design Drama 19) Best Production Design Documentary 20) "Rising Star" Film 21) Best Actor 22) Best Actress
Screenplay (S): 1) Best TV Screenplay 2) Best Festival Theme
Art (A): Best Festival Theme Artwork; Photo (P): Best Festival Theme Photo
Depending on the number and types of submissions we receive, we may provide alternative and/or additional awards.
As our festival acquires sponsorship and funding, we hope to offer many cash and other types of awards to talented activist filmmakers and creatives. All judges and award winners are automatically enrolled in our Learned Society, the Association for International Activist Filmmakers (a $100 value).
To volunteer, sponsor, judge and/or donate, contact us: By email, firstname.lastname@example.org; By snail mail, In Care Of 4259 West Florida Avenue, # 19495 Denver, Colorado, USA; By text or call (720) 298-1524.
All plans and practices are subject to change without notice. Script submissions under a pen name must be pre-approved by festival organizers before submission. Call/text (720) 298-1524. Non-English speaking films and music videos should be subtitled in English.
It is up to our festival organizers whether we wish to grant an award or refund. All refund requests are handled at the discretion of our festival organizers. If submitters have a valid reason for a refund request, we will do our best to provide refunds. Please note that non-acceptance to our festival is not a valid reason for a refund.
Music videos must be music-track centric, featuring the music/song/lyrics as the primary content, one single track from start to finish (not including credits). Also, Music videos must show the musician & song title in the title and on-screen credits.
A short film that is highly visual with music added to emphasize, augment, and illustrate the visual content would not qualify as a music video. Please submit these under "All Categories." Please be sure your submission is relevant to the theme of our festival!
Submission Statuses may change as requirements are satisfied. Please email us for details if you receive an "Incomplete" or "Disqualified" status.
In Consideration: All submission requirements satisfied. Submission under review.
Incomplete: Festival awaiting receipt of submission or requesting additional information.
Disqualified: Festival has disqualified the submission from consideration.