Animal House Cat Rescue & Adoption Center and Cinema St. Louis (CSL) are excited to announce the return of Cat Clips: A Competition in Cuteness!
Bringing back this event brings fun, laughter, friends and more after quite the wild ride, what we would done without our cats? Attended by sold out crowds in past years, Cat Clips features an exclusive screening of curated, cat videos judged by a panel of cat-loving St. Louis celebrities – the only event of its kind in the area!
Juried clips will be screened and judged on Thursday, April 7th at Third Degree Glass Factory (5200 Delmar Blvd). Top prize winners will be announced and awarded at the screening.
All proceeds support the lifesaving work of Animal House Cat Rescue and Adoption Center - rescue adoption advocacy and education
- COVID safety precautions will be in place
All submitted videos will be juried, then the selected clips will be screened at the event. The judging panel will award a cash prize of $250 to the top clip of the evening, $125 for 2nd place and a fabulous gift basket for 3rd place.
The judging panel will be announced on Animal House's website: www.stlcats.org.
Those interested in participating must submit clips that meet the following criteria:
- Run a maximum of 120 seconds, including credits (no minimum running time).
- Contain no profane language or offensive imagery; if CSL and Animal House deem a work inappropriate for viewing by audiences of all ages, it will be eliminated from consideration.
- All conceivable approaches – including experimental and narrative – are acceptable. The clips can be shot in any film or video format, in either color or black-and-white.
- Clips must have a production date no earlier than 2015.
In addition, the following conditions apply:
- Clips must be authentic, original works created by the contest entrants as the videographer.
- Videographer must have secured rights to any music, words, or images used in the work.
- Videographer will retain ownership rights to submitted works, but by submitting a clip to the competition, the owner grants Animal House the right to screen the work and use for future Animal House purposes. Submission of a clip does not guarantee its inclusion in Cat Clips event screening or otherwise use.
- All films must be submitted using FilmFreeway with a secure online screener link. An entry fee of $10.00 is required for the first submission and a reduced fee of $5.00 for subsequent submissions. Entry fees are nonrefundable. All proceeds will support the rescue and healing of kitties in-need in our community. Submission deadline is March 21, 2022.