The Cannes Independent Film Festival is an online festival dedicated to low-budget indie filmmakers, running every May while the entire film industry gathers in Cannes, France.
CIFF is not at all connected with the Cannes Film Festival, but we run at the same time. 2023 will be our fourth year.
CIFF screens narrative features and documentaries, and short films in all genres.
Awards are given in all festival categories.
1. The Cannes Independent Film Festival is open to international films in one of the following categories:
Feature Film (Narrative or Documentary)
1. If selected to be showcased during the event, all screening copies must be received by April 30, 2022
2. Films which have been broadcast on Television, Cable or have had an international theatrical release prior to CIFF are NOT eligible for any competition but may be screened, out of competition.
3. All entrants certify that they have been given full rights to use any and all music in their films.
1. All film entries will be considered for the Awards competition. Award winners will be selected by a panel of active film industry professionals. All films go through a screening process and are reviewed by at least two film industry professionals.
2. Winners agree to participate in the publicity for the Festival as well as other promotional events, including the website.
Accepted Filmmakers Or Screenwriters
1. Filmmakers or screenwriters accepted into CIFF – will receive the following:
2. CIFF nominees agree to participate in the publicity for the Festival as well as other promotional events, including website, social media, international press coverage and festival trailers.