Boone Docs celebrates life in Appalachia featuring short format documentaries about the region or made by people who live in the area.
Our inaugural festival (Feb 26th 2022) will be a one day event.
There are two awards announced at the end of the festival - Audience Award ($200) and Jury Award ($300).
Films will be screened in blocks and filmmakers are invited to attend and take part in a short Q&A following each block of films.
If you are a student filmmaker, please send message to the festival organizers to request a submission waiver.
There are two awards announced at the end of the festival
(1) Audience Award ($200)
(2) Jury Award ($300)
RULES & TERMS
1. Due to limited programming time (3 hour main event) the ideal film length is 10-20 minutes with no more than 30 minutes runtime.
2. Screening fees will not be paid.
3. An admission charge will be made to the public in order to defray the costs of the festival.
4. A submission fee for each film entry is required to help with processing. The regular entry fee is $20 for all entries. (Early bird = $15, Late submission = $30). Student submissions are free with proof of student status.
5.The Boone Docs Festival and its organizers reserve the right to adjust or amend the requirements up to the 12/30/21.
6. Format for submissions should be in the form of .MOV, or .MP4
7. The Entrant owns all right, title and interest, including the copyright and all intellectual property rights, in and to the film being submitted to the Festival and has the right to distribute, exhibit and promote the film in or through all media formats now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, the Internet throughout the universe;
8. All music licenses (including, without limitation, all synchronization, mechanical and master-use licenses, as applicable) have been obtained and all payments have been made that are required for the public performance of the music incorporated in the film
9. No material in the film being submitted by the Entrant to the Festival is libelous or is slanderous or defamatory or violates any right of privacy or publicity of any person, and the full use of the rights in such film will not violate any rights, including copyright or moral rights, of any person, firm or corporation. GENERAL TERMS and CONDITIONS
10. By submitting you are acknowledging that you (the entrant) have read and agree to all Boone Docs rules and procedures; you will indemnify Appalachian Theater against any claims related to this submission; you will hold Boone Docs/Appalachian Theater harmless for any damages, costs, liabilities, and expenses related to the submission, screening, and use of this entry; you limit and liquidate all claims to no more than the cost of the entry fee; and you expressly grant Boone Docs permission to use, broadcast, or publicly