Biopic Short Fest is an international short film festival that promotes social issues and biographical works dedicated to characters who have marked history in all its fields: politics, music, painting, sculpture, poetry, dance, cinema, architecture, sports and science. Extraordinary lives and epochal events to discover, deepen and relive together through the magic of cinema.
The third edition of Biopic Short Fest will be held in the heart of Rome, in Villa Borghese, at Cinema dei Piccoli recognised as the smallest cinema in the world by Guinnes World Records Ltd.
All films in competition will be also streamed on Biopic Fest Live virtual theater to reach his audience and involve them before, during and after the screening through a chat where share opinions with other roommates. In this way, even audience unable to physically attend the festival will be able to become special jury with the task of voting for each film at the end of the screening.
Biopic Short Fest is produced and organized by Mescalito Film and Associak.
Can be selected by any of the following works completed after the first of January 2020:
➣ International live action short films, documentary and animation with a running time of 30 minutes or less.
➣ Italian live action short films, documentary and animation with a running time of 30 minutes or less.
Selected works will compete for the following prizes:
➣ Best Jury International Short Film will be awarded € 500,00
➣ Best Jury Italian Short Film will be awarded € 500,00
Jury Awards are determined by a jury composed of professionals (directors, actors, producers, distributors, journalists, international sales agents).
1. Only films dedicated to social issues and/or challenges and/or events and/or characters that have marked the history of humanity can be submitted.
2. Submission period to the 3rd Biopic Short Fest Edition will be from January 1st 2022 to July 20 2022, only on on-line platform FilmFreeway.
3. All films of non-Italian nationality must be submitted with English subtitles (srt file is required).
4. More than one film can be submitted by the same person, however the submission fee is required for each film submitted.
5. Submission fee is not refundable, no exceptions.
6. We accept films already submitted to and/or selected to other film festival.
7. World, International or Italian premiere is not required.
8. By submitting the film through the current call, participants declare themselves as the right’s holder of the film worldwide. This also includes any copyrighted material included in the film.
9. The selection of films will be made under the undisputed guidance of the Biopic Short Fest Direction. Selected films will receive an official communication by e-mail. Within 1 week of receiving the e-mail, applicants must respond accepting the invitation. Once the official selection invite has been accepted, a selected film cannot be removed from the official program.
10. Data sheets of selected films will be automatically uploaded in our on-line catalogue on Biopic Short Fest website.
11. Producers and Distributors of selected films must agree to include, in future promotion material, the mention of the participation at Biopic Short Fest, along with our official logo available on our website.
12. The payment of the subscription fee implies the unconditional acceptance of the rules and regulations. In unspecified cases, the final decision is at the full discretion of Biopic Short Fest Direction.