ENTRIES CLOSED midnight 9th October, except for INVITED entries & FlickerUp entries, enquiries please contact email@example.com
Celebrating its 27th birthday in 2018, Flickerfest has grown to become Australia's leading competitive International Short Film Festival with entries coming from filmmakers across the globe. Flickerfest screens under the stars over 10 days in the peek of the Australian summer at the iconic Bondi Beach with highlights of the festival touring to 50+ venues Australia wide.
Flickerfest is an Academy® Accredited and BAFTA recognised festival.
Since 2003 Flickerfest has been a recognised festival by the Academy® of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. With four awards qualifying for consideration across our International, Australian and Documentary Competition categories.
Join us on the red carpet at Bondi Beach this January!
Since 1995 Flickerfest has a national tour which takes the main competitive programmes and some Special sessions to many regional and metropolitan areas, which rarely have an opportunity to view this collection of the best of the world's short films.
• Award for Best Short Film - (Academy® Accredited)
• Special Jury Award
• Yoram Gross Award for Best Short Animation - (Academy® Accredited)
• Award for Best Short Documentary - (Academy® Accredited)
• SAE Award for Best Use of Digital Technology in a Short Film
• Award for Best Australian Short Film (Academy® Accredited)
• Award for Best Direction in an Australian Short Film
• Award for Best Script In an Australian Short Film
• Award for Best Cinematography in an Australian Short Film
• Award for Best Editing in an Australian Short Film
• Award for Best Achievement in Sound in an Australian Short
• SAE Award for Best Australian High School/Youth Short Film
• Yoram Gross Award for Best Australian High School/Youth Short Animation
• Award for Best Australian Primary School Short Film
Plus many other cash and industry prizes.
Industry and cash prizes will be awarded of over $40,000 AUD in value.
To be eligible for Flickerfest film competitions all shorts must be no more than 35 minutes in length.
All selected films must be available for screening on H264 or APPLE PRO-RES FILE
All productions screening at Flickerfest 2018 must have been completed within 2 years of the entry closing date.
All films must be in English or have English subtitles.
DUE TO THE COMPETITIVE NATURE OF FLiCKERFEST, WE PREFER AUSTRALIAN FILMS THAT ARE NSW PREMIERES.
AUSTRALIAN FILMS SELECTED FOR COMPETITION SHOULD NOT HAVE SCREENED IN NSW WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF THE FESTIVAL DATES.
WE PREFER INTERNATIONAL SHORTS THAT ARE AN AUSTRALIAN PREMIERE.
FOR ALL COMPETITIONS WE PREFER FILMS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN BROADCAST IN AUSTRALIA OR MADE AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET.