The sole purpose of BEFF is to develop a film culture that inspires and brings together all types of film makers, irrespective of their film making genre. BEFF also aims to appreciate and promote creativity in all forms, be it a film or photography to the world and to a diversified audience.
The event is a glamorous red carpet event in Kolkata. The participants have excellent opportunities to exchange their ideas, ideologies and cultural innuendos. The winners have a chance to meet with the audience after screening.
COVID UPDATE :
Due to the pandemic and its impact on the world, we shall not be hosting a physical screening this season. This season's films selected for screening shall be screened in the next season.
Every season selected works (selected for screening) will be screened and winners of each season will be awarded with certificate, Trophy.
[please note: We do not provide any airfare for the submitter to come and attend the festival. They need to arrange their own travel and accommodation for the same. Certificates are digitally printable which we will email to our winners and trophies will be couriered at submitter’s cost. ]
REGULATIONS FOR “BEYOND EARTH FILM FESTIVAL”
1. The festival is open to international filmmakers over years.
2. Filmmakers may submit as many works as they wish, there is no ban on production year.
3. Entries must have English subtitles.
4. BEFF is a quarterly live screening festival.
[please note: We do not provide any airfare for the submitter to come and attend the festival. They need to arrange their own travel and accommodation for the same. Certificates are digitally printable which we will email to our winners and trophies will be couriered at submitter’s cost. Please note, we will not be responsible for (if) any damage occurs to the trophy or packaging during shipping ]
6. Submission has basic fee and the film has to be submitted via FilmFreeway.
7. The participants authorize the use of a fragment of his work up to three minutes, or up to 10% of the full, for possible broadcast and promotion.
8.The organization reserves the right to screen the submitted works. The authors will be notified first.
9.The organization assumes that participants have the rights to exhibit and promote the works and material presented and disclaims any responsibility for the violation of this rule.
10.Entry in the competition implies acceptance of these rules and the decision by the organization to resolve any incident occurring during any phase of the competition. The jury's choice is final.
11. The film must have English subtitle if done in regional/vernacular languages and for music videos.
12. The BEFF reserves the right to refuse entries.
13. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the BEFF, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
14. The BEFF will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category.
15. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the BEFF programming director or executive director.
16. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections.
17. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that you are now eligible for the nomination and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
18. It is possible that a particular category doesn't have a winner. In this case the decision of the judges' is final.
19. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
20. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
21. We request all the filmakers to check their mails for the updates as we communicate everything over email. And the notification from FilmFreeway will reach their inbox on scheduled date.
22. BEFF may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall be become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.
23. Any false accusation against the Film Festival and FilmFreeway may lead to take disciplinary actions which includes disqualification of the film at any stage (even if the festival is over), adding them to blacklisted film-makers.