The Begin Film Festival brings together dynamic storytellers and enthusiastic film lovers to the annual Begin Film Festival event to inspire the next generation of filmmakers, rewarding creative artists who had the courage to chase their dreams.
Best Narrative Feature
Best International Feature
Best International Short
Best Feature Screenplay
Best Screenplay (Short)
Best Music Video
Best Student Film
And Individual Award Categories
Cash Prize and Trophy Awards for Each Category
1. All film submissions should be made digitally, not via DVD’s in the post. If you are unable/unwilling to use digital submission, please contact us and we’ll work something out.
2. If selected to be showcased during the event, all screening copies must be received by July 20, 2024
3. Non-English language produced films must have English subtitles or be dubbed in English. All entrants certify that they have been given full rights to use any and all music in their films.
4. Film Producers are responsible for insurance and shipment costs of films to BFF.
The title of the work and name of entrant must be on all mailing containers.
5. Selected film entries will be notified by July 3, 2024. Jury Award and audience award winners will be announced at the Closing Night “It’s A Wrap” Party. Trophies will be awarded to the winners. Some Award categories may have co-sponsors providing prizes. One award or prize will be given to the individual designated on the official entry form.
6. Filmmakers or screenwriters accepted and are attending the festival are responsible for travel, lodging, and all other expenses.
7. Filmmakers or Screenwriters accepted into BFF will receive the following:
Two(2) festival passes per submitted film to see all the festival films FREE
Admittance for filmmakers to the “Opening Night Event” or the “It’s A Wrap Party”
8. Film prints and other film material will be handled with utmost care. However, neither the BFF staff nor supporting theatre organizations staff can assume responsibility for damage or loss of the print and other film materials, en route or otherwise, during the course of the festival’s possession of the print.
9. All stated information, eligibility and submission guidelines, terms and conditions of entry, and entry information is subject to change by the Begin Film Festival, without notice.