Welcome to the Beach House African Short Film Festival! We are excited to announce that the event is going to take place in Lagos, Nigeria every March starting in 2024.The Beach House African Short Film Festival is an annual event that celebrates the work of independent African filmmakers.
The Beach House African Short Film Festival is a celebration of the best of African Cinema and culture. Our mission is twofold: first, to celebrate the work of contemporary African filmmakers and shining a light on their impact post-independence; and second, to provide a platform that will help them grow and continue to create vital work. Our festival will include screenings, panel discussions, pitch deck and workshops with some of the most exciting voices in African cinema.
In conclusion, the Beach House African Short Film Festival is a unique convergence of art, culture, education, and economic development. It represents an opportunity to celebrate Africa's film industry, promote African culture, and contribute to the continent's growth and development. Above all, it stands as a tribute to African stories, powerfully told through the transformative medium of film.
Best Short Film
Best Documentary Short
Best Animated & Sci-Fi Short
Best Commercial Short
Film Personality of the Year
Overall Short Film of the Year - This award honours the best film screened at the festival based on its overall quality, impact, and audience reception and will also walk away with Cash Prize of $500
The award presented is a real Bronze of the Legendary Warrior of Benin Empire, Queen Idia.
Rules & Terms
1. The competition is open to only films made in Africa
2. Films with a maximum runtime of 25mins including credits
3. By entering your film into this festival, you agree that decisions on films selected or rejected are at the sole discretion of the organizers.
4. All entries must be submitted via digital download access through FilmFreeway.
5. Filmmakers must provide a short bio and headshot photo.
6. A brief synopsis of the film (no more than 3 sentences) and a film poster must also be
7. Please include your social media handle in your submission.
8. If your film is not in English, you must submit a version with English subtitles.
9. All Entries with or without distribution deals are welcome.
10. Commercial short must be 3 mins maximum and does not compete for the cash price award.
We look forward to receiving your entries at the BeachHouse African Short Film Festival and wish you the best of luck in the selection process.