The Atlanta Comedy Film Festival is a unique forum for comedy filmmakers and television producers from all over the world to showcase their creative works in Atlanta, Georgia. The Atlanta Comedy Film Festival showcases short comedy films, web series, funny music videos, commercials (Under 30 minutes) from all over the world. Accepted films will be screened in a back-to-back, fast-paced format for a comedy film-loving audience. The awards ceremony will take place at the end of the program that will recognize filmmakers for their creative work.
Script writers, in addition to submitting your script to the festival we also provide optional script coverage. Script coverage with our festival includes the price of your submission fee. Your work will be analyzed by a Cinema Life filmmaker who’s produced award winning films, has extensive writing experience, and also understands the indie way of filmmaking.
Our trained judges watch every film from beginning to end and read every screenplay from front to back. Creative works that are submitted to the Atlanta Comedy Film Festival are eligible for the following awards:
Best Animated Comedy Film
Best Comedy Television Pilot
Best Dark Comedy Film
Best Feature-Length Screenplay
Best Georgia Comedy Film
Best Micro Short Film
Best Mockumentary Film
Best Music Video
Best Television Episode Screenplay
Most Original Concept
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
• Please fully fill out your submission profile to avoid hold-ups in the judging process.
• If you submit a Film in process and it gets selected, please notice we expect it to be completed within two weeks after the Notification Date. Otherwise, it will be disqualified. No exceptions. It is every submitter's responsibility to read the Rules and Terms of each Festival before submitting.
• If your film is selected you are not to submit any other updated, altered version of your film. If you send a film that is different from or longer than what was initially selected by the festival judging team, your film may be disqualified to the discretion of the festival director.
• If your film is selected, you are expected to provide a link to download your film so that we can project it at the festival. Only Google Drive and Dropbox are accepted. You can also make your film downloadable on FilmFreeway or Vimeo.
• All films must be under 4GB and 1080HD Max in either MP4 or MOV format.
• We do not accept DCP files.
• We do not screen 720p or SD Files.
• We do not stream from YouTube or Vimeo at the event.
• The Atlanta Comedy Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival and for promotional purposes on our website, newsletter, and social media platforms. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless The Atlanta Comedy Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
• The Atlanta Comedy Film Festival DOES NOT offer refunds on submissions.