We as Istanbul Branch of the Istanbul Chamber of Architects are proud to announce the 13th addition of Istanbul International Architecture and Urban Film Festival.
This non-profit festival is programmed within the scope of the “Architecture and Urban Festival”, that is realized by the Istanbul Branch of the Istanbul Chamber of Architects on the occasion of the “World Day of Architecture”. The World Day of Architecture is massively celebrated in the world on the first Monday of October.
An international competition shall be organized within the scope of the “İstanbul International Architecture and Urban Films Festival” and prizes shall be given. This festival aims to support the films developed on the theme of “architecture and urbanization”, to encourage new films and to ensure that the successful films meet with the audience.
The films sent from within and outside Turkey are appraised together.
Each documentary and animation film is offered for competition in its own type.
Sami Yılmaztürk Jury Special Prize: Award Plaque and 5.000.- Turkish Lira (only the national category)
First Prize: Award Plaque and 5.000.- Turkish Lira
Second Prize: Award Plaque and 3.000.- Turkish Lira
Third Prize: Award Plaque and 2.000.- Turkish Lira
Prize plaques will be given to the awarded directors or filmmakers who receive awards and participate in the award ceremony. Directors who can not attend the ceremony will be given their prizes to referred bank accounts. The festival will pay bank charges in Turkey, the festival is not responsible for the commission of intermediary banks.
1. Films eligible for the competition include documentaries and animations produced in the last 2 years featuring architecture and urban issues. Films should not have participated in this festival before.
2. Films attending in the competition are limited to 60 minutes.
3. a) Foreign films which are not in English language will have English subtitles.
b) Domestic films which are not in Turkish language will have Turkish and English subtitles.
c) Domestic films in Turkish language will have English subtitles.
4. Regardless of the original format, the film should be sent to the organizer committee on SD memory card or USB flash drive (in MPEG2, MP4 or H.264 format),
or films can also be sent through online data transfer programs (Wimeo, Wetransfer, etc.).
Application form is available at www.archfilmfest.org; said form, accompanied with any other documents, should be returned to email@example.com. In case of any technical problems during preview of film, the director will be notified. The director must send a new copy no later than 48 hours. Otherwise, the film will be excluded from evaluation process.
5. Copies of film to be sent to the Organizer Committee by the competitor must be accompanied by:
a) Competition application form
b) 2 images from movie
c) 1 photograph of director
d) Turkish and English biography of directors participating from Turkey, and English biography of international directors (50 words maximum)
e) Film plot (50 words maximum). Furthermore, 5 minutes trailer of each film should be included.
f) The selection committee will have the right to exclude from competition any films which fail to duly meet application conditions.
6. Participants may participate in the competition with multiple films.
7. Films passing the elimination stage will be placed in the festival archive, and can be included in non-commercial displays upon notification to the director. Films included in festival display program can be displayed to public for education and non-commercial purposes which the film directors and producers will be deemed to have accepted and agreed.
8. Of the films that participate in the competition, the Festival Organizer Committee may include in the festival program all or some of the films passing the preliminary elimination. Such films will be evaluated by the jury, and the winners will be awarded.
9. Announcement of Competition: 20 May 2019
10. Application Deadline: 20 August 2019
Films delivered by courier must be submitted to the courier by no later than 20 August 2019.
11. Announcement of Results: Films to be displayed will be announced on 2 September 2019 while the winners will be announced in the awards ceremony on 19 October 2019.
12. The author shall be liable for any third party copyright claims which may arise during display of films.
13. If required, the Organizer Committee may change any Selection Committee members, and constitute a preliminary jury.