A fresh-faced festival straight from the birthplace of film: Rochester, NY. Celebrating the latest and best independent horror, action, science fiction, fantasy, dark comedy, and genre-related movies from around the world.
Run by a crew of enthusiastic, film-obsessed weirdos, Anomaly is dedicated to seeking out exciting new filmmaking voices and sharing their work with an audience of equally passionate movie fans.
The first annual Anomaly Film Festival was held Friday, November 8 through Sunday, November 10, 2019 at the Cinema Theater in downtown Rochester.
- Best Feature
- Best Short
- Preview screening format is an online screener ONLY - No DVD screeners.
- Films with a running time of 35 minutes and under qualify as shorts.
- If submitting more than one film, a separate completed entry is required for each title.
- Submission fees are not refundable.
- A screening committee determines which films shall be exhibited; submissions are not guaranteed to be shown. All decisions of the committee are final.
- Foreign-language films are welcome and encouraged to apply, but must include English subtitles.
- Selected films must be made available as a downloadable DCP or Quicktime (ideally ProRes).
- Anomaly reserves the right to use film stills, posters, and/or excerpts of accepted films for promotional purposes.
- Films are scheduled at the discretion of Anomaly, which retains the right to make changes to the published schedule at any time and for any reason.
LEGAL / RIGHTS / CLEARANCES
It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to clear all rights before your film screens at the festival. By submitting a film, the filmmaker acknowledges that they have secured all applicable licenses and waivers of copyrights, moral rights, trademarks and any intellectual property rights.
The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
The submitter shall indemnify and hold harmless Anomaly - The Rochester Genre Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.