“Animax Skopje Fest” is the first animated film festival in Macedonia. We regard it as a unique opportunity to present local Macedonian creative potential in their home country; the audience will get a clear picture of what is currently in Macedonia created in this field. The festival is by nature competitive and is open to animators from around the world. The main reason why we decided to organize an international festival of animated film in the Republic of Macedonia, is the desire and need for this animated film to get a wide door in Macedonia.
Profile and Mission
The festival is the right address for anyone interested in animation as a way of communication, as a way of expanding horizons, as an effort to support a cultural form and spend leisure time in creative and constructive way, as part of a global trend of creative industries in Europe and the world. “Animax Skopje Fest” is organized by the production company “Auripigment”, in collaboration with the Association of Citizens Creative Center “Tintiri - Mintiri” of Skopje, Macedonia, with the support of Macedonian Film Agency. The main mission of “Animax Skopje Fest” is:
Promotion of animation in Macedonia;
Increasing the awareness for animation in Macedonia as a part of important cultural (creative) industries;
Contacting and communication between artists in Macedonia and abroad;
Promotion of dialog between filmmakers, designers, animators, artists, producers and viewers;
Organizing seminars, forums, workshops.
Who We Are
Production company “Auripigment” is working about 17 years in the field of audio - visual arts in the Republic of Macedonia, producing feature films, TV series, feature series, documentaries and entertainment programs intended for the widest audience. Most of the projects are characterized as projects of national interest to universal values. In this list of projects is included one of the latest projects of the production company, the first Macedonian international festival of animated films “Animax Skopje Fest”. Currently the production company “Auripigment” has produced documentary “Hristo Uzunov”, while in pre - production and production are five projects including a feature film. Festival “Animax Skopje Fest” aims to unite and encourage all animators in the Republic of Macedonia and to facilitate verification and presentation worthy of their creative potential and product. “Auripigment” production team knows quality and potency of Macedonian authors and therefore deemed it necessary to put the festival in the service of the promoter and ‘exporter’ of aesthetic founded animated audio - visual works arising from Macedonia. In fact, this festival aims to raise and build culture in terms of making animated films for adults and children who present different aspects of everyday life. The authors of these films from around the world participate in this festival by sending their animated films. Animax Skopje Fest is held in November each year. The last night of the festival, most successful animated films are awarded with prizes, which have undergone previous round of competition and are being elected as awarded by the jury - the commission. On the other hand, our team closely monitors developments in the field of world animation and also as past years, this year and in future plans to carry the best of the world in Macedonia.
Macedonian International Animation Festival “Animax Skopje Fest 2020”
forms an international jury announced by the Organizer, which will award
the prizes: – GRAND PRIX / Golden Brick – Second Prize / Silver Brick –
Third prize / Bronze Brick for each festival category.
1. The tenth edition of Macedonian International Animation Festival “Animax Skopje Fest” will be held in Skopje, Republic of Macedonia from 2nd to 4th of October 2020.
2. The Festival program is consisted of following sections:
– Open international animated film competition;
– Thematic sections and special screenings.
3. The Organizer of ASF 2020 is Auripigment production in collaboration with NGO Film School Tintiri-Mintiri from Skopje. The Festival is supported by City of Skopje and other partners.
4. The films in official competition can submit art schools, production companies, film institutions, independent artists and other competent persons.
5. The on-line submission process:
The applicant should necessary submit application form set on the Festival website http://animaxskopjefest.mk.
The applicant should upload the film onto a server and provide link for the download. The link should be applied in the application form set on the festival web-site. Other materials can be sent on the festival email address.
The festival accepts submissions through some of on-line film platforms FilmFreeway etc.
6. The Festival doesn’t charge any fee for submissions. The costs for postal services and procurement of materials, covers the applicant.
7. Who can participate
Submitted films for official competition can be finished in any animation technique, completed after January 1st, 2019, never previously entered at ASF.
Works should be registered in one of the following categories in order to compete:
a) Short animation films
c) Animated films for kids
Submitted films for official competition must be provided in full HD (minimum resolution 1920X1080 video format H.264). The Festival doesn’t accept 35 mm, BetacamSP or any other tape format as a screening copy.
9. The art director (selector of the Festival) together with Board of the Festival will nominate submitted films for official selection.
10. The deadline for sending applications and materials is 1 September 2020.
11. The applicants are obligated to make official English translation of the submitted films.
12. Macedonian International Animation Festival “Animax Skopje Fest 2020” forms an international jury announced by the Organizer, which will award the prizes: – GRAND PRIX / Golden Brick – Second Prize / Silver Brick – Third prize / Bronze Brick for each festival category.
13. Prizes that are not included in the Festival Statute may be awarded on the Festival, from private donors, institutions and organizations.
14. The Films selected in official competition may be shown more than three times during the Festival.
15. Entrants agree to grant the Festival the rights for using some parts of the films for free, for promotional materials, Festival publications (printed materials, web-sites etc.) and for Festival promotion on all media, as well as for TV screening related to the Festival.
16. The producers of the films in official competition agree to be organized additional screenings of their films for free, after the completion of the Festival in Macedonia and abroad, as a promotion of the festival program.
17. Applying a Film on the Festival denotes acceptance of the Festival Statutes.
18. The organizers will decide for any subject not included in the Festival Statute.
NOTIFICATION: Due to Corona virus pandemic, all the screenings will be held on open spaces.