*Join, Run, Win*
The Animation Marathon is an online competition festival for short, student, greek, and experimental animated movies. The films will "run" all together to enjoy the participation and to win awards.
The jurors give out the following awards:
-1st Animation Marathon Award
-2nd Animation Marathon Award
-3rd Animation Marathon Award
-Three Special Mention
-Music Award (for original score)
1) Animation Marathon is organized and promoted by ARS ANIMA.
2) Animation Marathon is an online event. Online screenings will be available worldwide, only for registered users, protected with password.
3) Animation Marathon welcomes ONLY short, student, greek, and experimental animated films up to 30'.
4) The following screening formats are eligible for inclusion:
- File extension: .mp4
- Video Codec: H.264
- Video Frame Rate: 24, 25, 29.97 or 30 fps
- Aspect ratio: we accept any aspect ratio
- Resolution: 1280 x 720, 1920 x 1080
- Field Dominance: Progressive
- Audio: AAC 48 kHz
- File size: up to 5 GB
5) To be eligible for the short film competition, films must have been completed since 1st January 2021 and be 30 minutes or less in duration.
6) The official languages of the festival are English and Greek. To qualify for selection, all non-English language films must have an English-subtitled screening copy available.
7) Final screening copies must be provided for all accepted films. After the submission period is over and if you have been selected to participate, you will be notified (please check your contact email to be the right one) for the procedure you need to follow in order to provide us with the final screening copy. If participants do not provide a screening copy through the method mentioned above their film will be disqualified.
8) The entrant agrees that up to 30’’ of their film, stills and film info may be used by the festival in promotional activities including screening a clip-on television and on the festival’s website.
9) In ambiguous or unclear situations and cases unforeseen by the statutes, ARS ANIMA is to take the corresponding decision in accordance with international statutes. The organizer reserves the right to change these statutes in exceptionally serious cases.
a. Entering a film implies the acceptance of these regulations.
b. When submitting to Animation Marathon, you are agreeing to screen the submitted film during the dates of the festival.
c. You may not re-submit a project that was part of the official selection of a previous edition of the festival.
d. By submitting a film to Animation Marathon, the submitter represents that he or she has obtained the necessary consent from any and all owners, creators, writers, producers and/or other authorized representatives of the film and has agreed to the terms.
e. Upon completion of the festival selection process, organizing committee will contact the submitter using the contact information provided on the submission form to notify him/her of the film’s acceptance status. Animation Marathon will not be held responsible for any failure to contact the submitter using the contact information provided on the submission form. It is responsibility of the submitter to ensure that the contact information provided on the submission form is correct.
f. Animation Marathon is under no obligation to provide to the submitter or any other representative of the film any comments or feedback regarding the submitted film.
g. Animation Marathon does not pay screening fees for submitted films.
h. Animation Marathon has the right to add, alter, change, or delete any portion of the guidelines at any time without notice.
Terms and conditions updated on 02nd of August 2023.
Animation Marathon wishes you the best of luck.