ANIMAPHIX International Animated Film Festival aims to promote and disseminate the art and culture of animation cinema in Sicily, opening the gate to collaborations, productions and co-productions with other european countries, predicting a transnational movement; to look for the most capting innovations and original languages that the animated film offers, proposing a wide range of initiatives to involve a wide heterogeneous audience throughout the territory.
The festival, oriented toward the independent world of authorial animation, is structured in different sections with competitive and non competitive programmes. The competitive programme explores not only the more traditional productions, but also the technological experimentations, offering, therefore, a wide overview of the various ramifications of the animation sector.
The other sections dedicate a wide amount of space to retrospectives, in-depth analysis and meetings with the authors, cartes blanches and focus about the authors and films coming from the guest of honour country, so as to reflect on the creative and productive differences also through forms of cooperation and exchange of experiences with other partner festivals. Every year there are professionalising workshops, laboratories and programmes for children and a program dedicated to young talents in training.
- Best International Animated Short Film Award
- Renato Guttuso Award for the Best Animated Painting
- Best Animated Documentary Award
- Best Experimental Short Film, Abstract and Non-Narrative Award
- Giannalberto Bendazzi Award for the Best Italian Animated Short Film
A special prize awarded by the artistic direction
- Award for Best International Animated Short Film for CHILDREN (6+)
- Award for Best International Animated Short Film for CHILDREN (8+)
- Award for Best International Animated Short Film for YOUNG (11+)
- Award for Best International Animated Short Film for YOUNG (14+)
a) Animaphix is a project organised by Qb Cultural Association with the purpose of supporting the animated cinema, art and culture, promoting young talents and high quality films, strongly oriented towards the authorial and experimental world.
b) The competition announcement of the eighth edition of Animaphix International Animated Film Festival, opens on January 12th, 2022.
a) All films should be entered online through the official entry form which can be filled online on FilmFreeway not later than March 31st 2022.
b) The submission is free.
c) Works admitted to the competition can be of any kind, in any language, realised on any support and with any technique.
d) There are no restrictions on themes.
e) Only works created from the 1st of January 2020 are admitted.
f) Maximum duration is of 20 minutes (credits included).
g) Works are selected by and at the incontestable discretion of The Direction Commitee of the festival, which reserves its right to exceptionally admit works which exceed the above-written duration and year of production.
h) The list of the selected films will be published on the site www.animaphix.com before the beginning of the festival. All competitors will receive communication of the official selection via email before the end of June 2022.
i) The authors, producers and whoever holds the royalties of the selected works authorize the festival to screen them during Animaphix International Animated Film Festival, as well as the distribution (tv, on-line) of fragments of the selected works for promotional purposes of the exhibition (up to 50 seconds) and on the occasion of Best of Animaphix shows after the Festival.
l) The authors and the productions of the selected films, who will be promptly contacted, commit to send:
▪ The film file (original version) with obligatory English subtitles if the original film language is different from English.
▪ Trailers or extracts from the film.
▪ Posters and press kits, when available.
▪ Italian, English or French scripts.
▪ An English film synopsis (from a minimum of 50 to a maximum of 150 words).
▪ Biography of the director (up to 100 words).
▪ 6 images from the film (at least 300 dpi).
▪ A director’s picture (at least 300 dpi).
m) The material must be delivered in DCP and a copy in one of the following digital formats: 1080p, MP4 or MOV H.264 digital formats.
n) Files must be sent via file sharing websites (eg dropbox, wetransfer, 4shared, etc.).
o) If the size of the works exceeds the size limit for online submission, the films can be sent to the following address:
Associazione QB – Via Boccaccio, 4 – 90011 Bagheria (Pa) Italy.
p) The film will not be returned and will become part of the festival archives.
The Direction of
Animaphix International Animated Film Festival