An Ordinary Day Film Festival was established in 2017, with the intention of showing the best and most interesting works from artists and filmmakers. AODFF screens a broad range of experimental work, including animation, documentary, narrative, and hybrid films. Each year the festival presents 40-60 shorts films and videos in programming, both from Sweden and international, that demonstrate a high regard for the moving image as an experimental art form. We choose films that allow us to focus on unconventional ways of working with the audience, breaking its patterns of filmic perception and providing extraordinary filmic experience.
All films will be shown at Studio 44, an artistrun gallery in Stockholm, showing multidimensional artistic exploratory working methods, experiments, work in progres as well as results of long artistic work. We support visionaries that prevail beyond cinematic confines. Our priority here is to showcase films made primarily for aesthetic and philosophical reasons rather than commercial profit. The main aim of the Festival is to provide to filmmakers the possibility of making their works widely known. An Ordinary Day Film Festival is a non-profit event.
• Artists and producers from all over the world are invited to submit.
• We do not charge any kind of submission fee.
• Submissions of audio visual works up to 20 minutes in length are accepted.
• The films don’t need to be created in a certain timespan.
• If a work features voice or text in a language other than English, please be sure to include a subtitle track.
• The festival has the right to use the still images and film/video excerpts for promotional purposes.