We encourage all filmmakers to take this great opportunity to showcase their work on the theme “People, Places, Politics, and Power." Your film could be screened at the American Presidents Film & Literary Festival at the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museums--the nation's first presidential library.
We are committed to providing a place for expanded national and international understanding of the history that has and continues to shape and influence the President of the United States. Utilizing the site and community of America’s first presidential library and museum, filmmakers, film professionals and authors will inspire audiences to explore, understand, critique, and analyze the people, places, politics and power. Entries which portray and examine the historical nature of these relationships are especially encouraged.
We are excited to provide the following awards!
- $250 for Best Feature Length Film
- $250 for Best Short Film
- $250 for Best Production
- $250 for People's Choice
- The theme of this year's festival is “People, Places, Politics, and Power.” We ask that films make some connection to this broad theme and encourage films that make some reference to the American presidency.
- Any genre of film is welcome.
- Foreign language films must contain English subtitles.
- No refunds on registration fees.
- If you are uncertain if your film meets the criteria, feel free to contact us!