In a Nutshell
International Alexandria Short Film Festival (IASFF) is an innovative, independent, and ever-developing festival since its inception in 2015. Settled in the rural area of Alexandria, Northern Greece aimed to stir up the cultural mud, and gradually grow beyond the local boundaries.
Our concern is to deliver an original and well-curated experience of cinema. Our efforts focus on screening films of all genres, showcasing classic and current topics that reflect our modern era. Our urgency is to remain committed to our values and responsive to social reality. Thus for a second year, we establish a special section to our programme dedicated to the Environment. Furthermore, we have changed the festival's operation and function, complying with more sustainable standards.
The programme encompasses special and parallel events during the festival, including special screenings, workshops in collaboration with academic and professional partners, musical events, installations, and more. The multifaceted events are designed to enhance the festival’s range and further enrich the experience. Thus, we further interfere in the local social network, promoting new initiatives and collaborations.
Prompted by the independent and international character of the festival, we strongly encourage the participants to be part of our interwoven and multidimensional activities that aspire to achieve social synergy, beyond geographic, linguistic, or other barriers. We think and act glocally!
Apart from the annual rendezvous by the end of June, we organize screenings in collaboration with other festivals and relevant partners. We distribute a specially curated program called “IASFF TRAVELS”, consisting of our awarded shorts and special selections. The distribution to our network brings us and the filmmakers closer to a broader audience.
We strongly encourage filmmakers whose work is selected, artists, and potential collaborators to be present during the festival in order to share the atmosphere and engage with our community.
1. Best International Film Award
2. Best Greek Film Award
3. Original Screenplay Award
4. Audience Award
5. One more award is awarded each year based on the theme chosen by the Festival -Best Environmental
1. All short films submitted should have English subtitles. PLEASE MAKE SURE your film has an SRT file with English subtitles. The festival reserves the right to exclude submissions without English subtitles.
2. ONLY 1 FILM PER DIRECTOR CAN BE SUBMITTED.
3. The production of the films submitted must be completed between 2020 and 2023.
4. Entries that have been submitted to one of our previous festivals are not considered eligible.
5. Short films’ running time must not exceed 20 minutes (the Selection Committee reserves the right to accept longer films in exceptional cases). Please do not state false running time if your film exceeds the accepted running time which is 20 min.
6. Entry Fee: Earlybird is 3,00 USD for all films submitted until the end of 2022 and for the last 2 months (January & February 2023) is 5,00 USD.
7. Entry Fee: Greek filmmakers are eligible to submit their shorts for free. The submissions’ deadline is February 28th, 2023. We reserve the right to disqualify any film submitted to the Greek short films section, which is not a Greek production.
8. A trailer with English subtitles should be sent along with full press kit (film stills, summary, crew, poster etc.) for promotional purposes. (This applies only to the films selected for the festivals' screenings)
9. The final copy that will be screened in the Alexandria Short Film Festival should be available in:
File Format: mp4
Resolution: 1920×1080 Aspect ratio: 16:9Scan type: Progressive Bitrate: 10000 – 12000 Kbps Frame rate: 25 fps
Audio: AΑC, 256 – 320 Kbps, 48000 Hz
10. IASF retains the right - along with the creators’ consent (director, producer) - to screen some of the submitted films as part of our side projects after the end of the Festival, such as the project “IASF TRAVELS” (see above).
11. The Alexandria Short Film Festival will cover hospitality expenses of the participating filmmakers for two overnights. The travel expenses are not covered.
12. The Alexandria Short Film Festival retains the right to reject any submission on the following conditions:
a) the submission is incomplete
b) the material is sent overdue
c) The content of the film is offensive and/or promotes hate speech, any sort of discrimination.
13. The Alexandria Short Film Festival retains the right to reject any submission not compatible with its identity and mission, as reflected above.
14. The Alexandria Short Film Festival decides and is responsible for the screening schedule of the films (day and hour) during the Festival’s period.
15. The Alexandria Short Film Festival has the right to use the trailers or parts of the participating films for promotional purposes.
16. Participants are expected to give interviews to the Festival’s communication team and media sponsors, and to be available for photo shootings if asked.
Bear in mind that part of the Festival will be filmed for archival and promotional purposes.
17. Participation in the Alexandria Short Film Festival implies acceptance of the above regulations.
For any questions or further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
Response from festival:
Dear Ana, we did our Best to make it happen. To do it online or cancel it was not an option for us. We worked Hard because we love our festival and we are happy to see it happen. We hope our next 7th edition will be Covid-19 free. Thank you for sending your film and we hope we can meet in the future!