The International Alexandria short film festival is now entering it's 8th year.
Organised for the first time in the summer of 2015, it had the best critics both by the film makers and the audience. Organised by the Cultural and Cinematography Club of Alexandria KINIMATODRASIS, it is commited to bring the best short films from Greece and abroad to the Greek audience.
The Competition Process
Each year, a Prescreening Committee comprised of artists, students, and community activists watch all the films and videos entered in the competition. After all entries have been watched, the pre-screeners evaluate all entries to determine films to include in public screenings.
Festival Project : The SHORT FILM FESTIVAL OF ALEXANDRIA TRAVELS
Every year, after each Film Festival is completed, the awarded short films as well as some of the best and most liked by the audience and the jury, complete the list of the
SHORT FILM FESTIVAL OF ALEXANDRIA TRAVELS.
During this project, there are several special screenings organised that take place throughout Greece and abroad.
The 4th Short Film Festival of Alexandria TRAVELS was the first time this project took place.
Seven short films were selected to be part of a screening project that allows several screenings throughout Greece and abroad. The following screenings were organised.
1st Screening : Edje Hill University Of England, Monday 19th of November 2018
2nd Screening : Coventry University, UK, Monday the 3rd of December 2018 6pm – 8pm George Eliot Building Room GE403.
3rd Screening : Edessa, Greece, during the 4th Edessa Digital Short Film Festival on the 13th and 14th of July 2019
Each year more cities are added to the list of cities where the festival travels to.
So far, the project's programm has travelied in 3 cities in the UK and over 20 cities and islands in Greece.
1. Best International Film Award
2. Best Greek Film Award
3. Best Film Presentation Award
4. Original Screenplay Award
5. Best Film Award for the Environment
6. Audience Award
7. Best Actress Award
8. Best Actor Award
1. All short films submitted should have English subtitles. PLEASE MAKE SURE your film has an SRT file with English subtitles.
The festival reserves the right to exclude films without srt file with English Subtitles.
2. ONLY 1 FILM PER DIRECTOR CAN BE SUBMITTED.
3. The production of the films submitted must be completed between 2019 and 2022.
4. Entries that have been submitted to one of our previous festivals are not eligible.
5. Short films running time must not exceed 25 minutes (the Selection Committee reserves the right to accept longer films in exceptional cases). Please do not state false running time if your film exceeds the accepted running time which is 25 min.
6. Entry Fee : Earlybid is 3,00 USD for all films submitted until the end of the year 2021 and last 2 months (January + February 2022) entry fee is 5,00 USD.
7. Entry Fee : Greek film makers are eligible to submit for free - please contact us by email for more information at email@example.com
8. Submissions deadline is February 28th 2022.
9. A trailer with English subtitles should be sent along with full press kit (film stills, summary, crew, poster etc.) for promotional purposes.
10. The final copy that will be screened in the Alexandria Short Film Festival should be available in:
File Format: mp4
Resolution: 1920×1080 Aspect ratio: 16:9Scan type: Progressive Bitrate: 10000 – 12000 Kbps Frame rate: 25 fps
Audio: AΑC, 256 – 320 Kbps, 48000 Hz
11. The Alexandria Short Film Festival retains the right – with the agreement of the creators (director, producer) - to screen part of the participating films in parallel IASFF events after the end of the Festival, such as the project : The festival TRAVELS.
12. The Alexandria Short Film Festival will cover hospitality expenses of the participating filmmakers for two overnights. The travel expenses are not covered.
13. The Alexandria Short Film Festival retains the right to reject any submission on the following conditions: a) the submission is incomplete, b) the material is sent overdue, and c) the content of the film is offensive and promotes hate speech.
14. The Alexandria Short Film Festival retains the right to reject any material not compatible to its identity and mission.
15. The Alexandria Short Film Festival decides and is responsible for the screening schedule of the films (day and hour) during the Festival’s period.
16. The Alexandria Short Film Festival has the right to use the trailers or parts of the participating films for promotional purposes.
17. Participants are expected to give interviews to the Festival’s communication team and to media sponsors and to be available for photo shootings if asked.
Part of the Festival will be filmed for archive and promotional purposes. Participants and the audience whose presence is obvious in the audiovisual documentation, have no rights or demands toward the Festival, as far as this footage is concerned.
18. Participation in the Alexandria Short Film Festival implies acceptance of the above regulations.
For any questions or further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Response from festival:
Dear Ana, we did our Best to make it happen. To do it online or cancel it was not an option for us. We worked Hard because we love our festival and we are happy to see it happen. We hope our next 7th edition will be Covid-19 free. Thank you for sending your film and we hope we can meet in the future!