The International Alexandria short film festival is now entering it's 7th year.
Organised for the first time in the summer of 2015, it had the best critics both by the film makers and the audience. Organised by the Cultural and Cinematography Club of Alexandria KINIMATODRASIS,, it is commited to bring the best short films from Greece and abroad to the Greek audience.
The Competition Process
Each year, a Prescreening Committee comprised of artists, students, and community activists watch all the films and videos entered in the competition. After all entries have been watched, the pre-screeners evaluate all entries to determine films to include in public screenings.
Festival Project : The SHORT FILM FESTIVAL OF ALEXANDRIA TRAVELS
Every year, after each Film Festival is completed, the awarded short films as well as some of the best and most liked by the audience and the jury, complete the list of the
SHORT FILM FESTIVAL OF ALEXANDRIA TRAVELS.
During this project, there are several special screenings organised that take place throughout Greece and abroad.
The 4th Short Film Festival of Alexandria TRAVELS was the first time this project took place.
Seven short films were selected to be part of a screening project that allows several screenings throughout Greece and abroad. The following screenings were organised.
1st Screening : Edje Hill University Of England, Monday 19th of November 2018
2nd Screening : Coventry University, UK, Monday the 3rd of December 2018 6pm – 8pm George Eliot Building Room GE403.
3rd Screening : Edessa, Greece, during the 4th Edessa Digital Short Film Festival on the 13th and 14th of July 2019
Each year more cities are added to the list of cities where the festival travels to.
1. Best International short film award
2. Best Greek short film award
3. Audience award
1. All short films submitted should have English subtitles. PLEASE MAKE SURE your film has an SRT file with English subtitles.
The festival reserves the right to exclude films without srt file with English Subtitles.
2. ONLY 1 FILM PER DIRECTOR CAN BE SUBMITTED.
3. The production of the films submitted must be completed between 2018 and 2021.
4. Entries that have been submitted to previous festivals are not eligible.
5. Short films running time must not exceed 25 minutes (the Selection Committee reserves the right to accept longer films in exceptional cases). Please do not state false running time if your film exceeds the accepted running time which is 25 min.
6. Entry Fee : Earlybid is 3,00 USD for all films submitted until the end of the year 2020 and Last 2 months entry fee is 5,00 USD for all films that will be submitted between January 1st and February 28th of 2021.
7. Greek film makers are eligible to submit for free - please contact us by email for more information.
8. Submissions deadline is February 28th 2021.
Response from festival:
Dear Ana, we did our Best to make it happen. To do it online or cancel it was not an option for us. We worked Hard because we love our festival and we are happy to see it happen. We hope our next 7th edition will be Covid-19 free. Thank you for sending your film and we hope we can meet in the future!