The Alexandria short film festival is now entering it's 5th year.
Organised for the first time in the summer of 2015, it had the best critics both by the film makers and the audience. Organised by the Team of Action and Solidarity of Alexandria, it is commited to bring the best short films from Greece and abroad to the Greek audience.
The Competition Process
Each year, a Prescreening Committee comprised of artists, students, and community activists watch all the films and videos entered in the competition. After all entries have been watched, the pre-screeners evaluate all entries to determine films to include in public screenings.
Festival Project : The 4th Short Film Festival of Alexandria TRAVELS
Seven short films are selected to be part of a screening project that allows several screenings throughout Greece and abroad. The following screenings have taken part so far :
1st Film Screening : Edje Hill University Of England, Monday 19th November
2nd Film Screening : Coventry University, Monday 3rd December 6pm – 8pm George Eliot Building Room GE403
1. Best foreign short film award
2. Best Greek short film award
3. Audience award
1. All short films submitted should have English subtitles. PLEASE MAKE SURE you send us an SRT file with the English subtitles.
The festival reserves the right to exclude films without srt file with English Subtitles.
2. ONLY 1 FILM PER DIRECTOR CAN BE SUBMITTED.
3. The production of the films submitted must be completed between 2016 and 2019.
4. Entries that have been submitted to previous festivals are not eligible.
5. Short films running time must not exceed 25 minutes (the Selection Committee reserves the right to accept longer films in exceptional cases). Please do not state false running time if your film exceeds the accepted running time which is 25 min.
6. Entry Fee is 3,00 USD for all films submitted until the end of the year 2019 and 5,00 USD for all films that will be submitted between January 1st and February 29th of 2020.
7. Greek film makers are eligible to submit for free- please contact us by email for more information.
8. Submittions deadline is March 31st 2020.