The second edition of ABIFF - Animation Bucharest International Film Festival takes place from July 28 to 31, 2022 simultaneously in several cinemas and venues in Bucharest and other cities in the country.
The festival is based on the need for knowledge of the art of animation as a tool for expressing cultural diversity. ABIFF 2022 consists of a competitive section of recent short films, with a subcategory of thematic films, a section of feature-length animated classics, a non-competitive section of fresh films for children entitled ABIFF for KIDS, and a masterclass on animation for students and young professionals.
This section is for all genres of short Animation films.
- Grand Prize of 1.000 euro will be awarded to the best production
- Best director award of 600 euro
The Thematic Section is dedicated to the majority-ethnic minorities relationship.
This section of the ABIFF-2022 festival aims to:
– to identify innovative ways of resolving the possible tensions of the minority-majority relations;
– increasing the notoriety of the radicalization of vulnerable segments;
– combating extremist tendencies and the possibility of presenting a counter-narrative to this situation.
Prize: € 600
Edition: # 2
Start of Call: March 28, 2022.
Dates: July - 28 TO 31; 2022
Venue: Bucharest, and 9 other county residences in Romania.
Web page: https://abiff.ro/en/
- Individuals or legal entities from anywhere in the world and any language can participate as long as they have reached the age of 18
- The same director or producer may submit any number of works
- Film running time must be no more than 20 minutes (all credits included)
- Production of the short films must have finished after January 1 2020
Free submission, no fee till 28st of May 2022.
You can still submit your films till 28th of June, 2021, with a late entry fee in amount of 12 Euros.
All the film submitted must have English subtitles.
The festival supports movies in digital file format with the following image features: clean version with separate English subtitles mov / mp4, h264 encoder, max. 20000 kbps constant bit rate, ideal resolution 1080p (1920 × 1080) and sound: AAC 48kHz / 16bit.
All the participants must furnish, by fulfilling the Entry Form, the following information and materials:
1. Film and English subtitles;
2. Name, email address, Address, Country (for statistical purposes only),
The selected authors may be asked to provide additional materials/information.
Film selection will be at discretion of the Festival Committee.
The list of the selected films/scripts will be notified by 5th of July 2022 by email to the authors/producers/distributors of the films. It is strictly forbidden to publicly communicate the results by any means (social, website etc.), before the date of the press conference, which will be communicated through the festival official channels.
A jury of professional filmmakers, illustrators, cartoonist, distributors, journalists, musicians, will assign the ABIFF 2022 awards.
Films may be of any subject, as long as they do not violate people's rights such as: race, creed, social status. Etc.
The festival reserves the right to use stills and video excerpts for the promotion of the film and the festival.