To continue our mission of promoting arts talent in the community even during these trying times we are pleased to announce the second Southern Maltings 5 Minute Film Festival. Most of us now have a very high-quality video camera in the form of a mobile phone. Use it (or dedicated camera equipment) to produce your own film. The subject can be anything; fiction, documentary, experimental, animation, or mixed media. Just make sure it is no longer than 5 minutes in length. The competition is open to all ages and abilities.
Include in your submission a small personal biography (including your age if you are under 18) and synopsis of the film (cast, theme, etc). Your submission must arrive by 31 May 2021. The winners will be announced at a special live event in August. Prizes include membership of the British Film Institute and annual passes to Southern Maltings film screenings.
Prizes include membership of the British Film Institute and annual passes to Southern Maltings film screenings.
1. One submission per director only
2. Film must have been produced with the last 3 years.
3. Your film must not be in breach of any copyright, including music or sound used in your film. If you need royalty free soundtracks these can be found on line – for example; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCht8qITGkBvXKsR1Byln-wA
4. The film must be suitable for public viewing; i.e. no explicit content
5. Southern Maltings has the right to use footage and images for promotional purposes
6. For further guidance send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org