"24 Risas por Segundo, Festival Internacional de Cine y Comedia" is a film festival dedicated to comedy genre that takes place since 2016 in Mexico City.
The purpose of the festival is to offer quality films of this genre and its derivatives to the public of the city and other parts of the country.
The festival has 4 categories in its Official Selection: Mexican Short Film, Mexican Feature Film, Foreign Short Film and Foreign Feature Film. The Mexican sections compete for an Audience Award.
At "24 Risas por Segundo", we take comedy seriously.
Audience Award for:
Best Mexican Short Film
Best Mexican Feature Film
Best Foreign Short Film
Best Foreign Feature Film
• Any Mexican or foreign filmmaker can participate.
• The films must have been produced between 2021 and 2023.
• The maximum length for short films is 30 minutes, and the minimum length for feature films is 60 minutes.
• Submitted films must be subtitled in Spanish or English, if they are not spoken in any of those languages, without exception. If the film is selected, a copy with Spanish subtitles must be delivered to the festival for its exhibition.
• The film’s subject is completely free and must belong to the COMEDY genre, in any of its variations.
• Live action, animation and documentaries will be accepted.
• Music videos or advertising spots will not be accepted.
• Registration is free for Mexican productions. The registration fees for foreign productions will be specified in the submitting platforms.
• Submissions will be received only by the Festhome and FilmFreeway platforms.
• The last day of registration is January 8.
• Once a film has been registered, it can not be withdrawn from the festival.
• The festival's programming team will look at all the films registered and will choose the ones that will be part of the Official Selection (Mexican Feature Film, Mexican Short Film, Foreign Feature Film and Foreign Short Film).
• The selection of films will be published on March 20.
• The only accepted projection formats are: Blu-ray, DCP and H.264
• All the selected films will receive a digital certificate of participation in the festival.
• The films in the Official Selection will participate for the Audience Award 24 Risas por Segundo, which will be voted directly in the theaters and consist of a trophy and gifts from our sponsors (not cash).
• In no case the festival will pay for the rights to exhibit a film.
• The programming team will choose the dates and theaters where each film will be projected during the festival.
• The selected films can be considered for national and international showcases of the festival.
• Any case not foreseen in this call will be resolved by the organization of the festival.