"24 Risas por Segundo, Festival de Cine y Comedia" is a film festival dedicated to comedy genre that takes place since 2016 in Mexico City.
The purpose of the festival is to offer quality films of this genre and its derivatives to the public of the city and other parts of the country.
The festival has 4 categories in its Official Selection: Mexican Short Film, Mexican Feature Film, Foreign Short Film and Foreign Feature Film. The Mexican sections compete for an Audience Award.
At "24 Risas por Segundo", we take comedy seriously.
Audience Award for Best Mexican Short film and Mexican Feature Film.
• Any Mexican or foreign filmmaker can participate.
• The films must have been produced between 2019 and 2020.
• The maximum length for short films is 30 minutes, and the minimum length for feature films is 60 minutes.
• Films must be subtitled in Spanish or English, if they are not spoken in any of those languages, without exception.
• The subject of the films is completely free and must belong to the COMEDY genre, in any of its variations.
• Live action, animation and documentaries will be accepted.
• Music videos or advertising spots will not be accepted.
• Registration is free for Mexican productions. The registration cost for foreign productions will be defined in the submitting platforms.
• Submissions will be received only by the FilmFreeway platform.
• The last day of registration is April 5.
• Once a film has been registered, it can not be withdrawn from the festival.
• The festival's programming team will look at all the films registered and will choose the ones that will be part of the Official Selection (Mexican Feature Film, Mexican Short Film, Foreign Feature Film and Foreign Short Film).
• The selection of films will be published on June 29 and those selected will have until July 13 to deliver their exhibition copies. The shipping costs will be borne by the participants.
• The only accepted projection formats are: Blu-ray and DCP.
• All the selected films will receive a digital certificate of participation in the festival.
• The films in the Official Selection will participate for the Audience Award 24 Risas por Segundo, which will be voted directly in the theaters and consisting of a trophy and gifts from our sponsors (not cash).
• In no case the festival will pay for the rights to exhibit a film.
• The programming team will choose the dates and theaters where each film will be projected during the festival.
• The selected films can be considered for national and international showcases of the festival.
• Any case not foreseen in this call will be resolved by the organization of the festival.