The Women's International Film & Arts Festival (WIFF) is consistently rated as one of the premiere international film festivals dedicated to women. Set in New York City, WIFF is a great location to screen films, network at parties, and possibly spot celebrities and industry pros at one of our outdoor film screenings, while enjoying the sights of one of the most dynamic cities in th world.
Twice Awarded as the top Miami Film Festival by the Miami New Times Newspaper (2013 and 2007), the event has attracted Academy Award Winner Halle Berry; 2007 Oscar Nominee (Babel); Adriana Barraza, Emmy, Grammy and Golden Globe Award (American Gangster) winning actress and legend the late Ms. Ruby Dee; the Breakfast Club's Alley Sheedy, beautiful actress/producer Vivica A. Fox and many others.
The festival moved to New York in 2018 after Hurricane Irma thwarted efforts to host the event in Miami.
Our 13th annual event features a two-day woman in film summit entitled "Breaking Down Barriers" with panels and workshops spearheaded by some of the top women and men in the industry..... When the sun goes down, be part of the red carpet screenings when we highlight some of the most outstanding and dynamic films made by women!
Jury awards are given for the following categories:
US Narrative Feature
International Narrative Feature
US Documentary Feature
International Documentary Feature
Best Acting In A Feature Film
Best Acting In A Short Film
Jury award prizes vary from year to year as sponsorships allow but typically include goods and services in excess of $1500 value.
Films must be produced, directed, edited or written by a woman. Films by men are accepted but they must be about women's social, economical, geographical, political or health issues. WIFF reserves the right to determine whether a film qualifies for this exception.
All non-English language films must have English subtitles or dubbed in English.
First and second time directors encouraged. Florida premieres given extra points
Students should enter their film under the "Reel Girls:Real Women" category. A copy of the a current student ID must be submitted along with the entry to be considered eligible.
For the 2016 event, at least one person from the filmmaking team is expected to attend the festival in person in Miami to participate in the Q&A for the film screening. The festival will be hosting a 10th anniversary gala on February 28th followed by film screenings, conference and other events November 3-6, 2016.
Each filmmaker is given a maximum of 5 tickets to their screening for crew, family, personal guests and press.
By submitting your film for consideration to the 10th Annual Women's International Film & Arts Festival, you agree to the following Festival Rules, Terms and Conditions:
1. I have read all of the Women's International Film Festival rules. I understand and agree to those rules.
2. I warrant the submission of my original work, and there are no disputes regarding the ownership or distribution or exhibition rights of the submission in part or in entirety. I also warrant the submitted material does not defame or invade the rights of any person living or dead and I fully indemnify the Women's International Film Festival against any claim made for such violations of law.
3. To the best of my knowledge, the statements herein are true and correct. I understand that failure to adhere to festival rules will result in disqualification of screening and forfeiture of entry fee.
4. The festival reserves the right to use a clip, and or clips or photos from accepted entries for up to three minutes in length for promotional purposes. The festival reserves the right to screen accepted entries as part of the Women's International Film & Arts Festival.
5. I agree and hold The Women's International Film & Arts Festival, Inc. harmless from and defend them from all claims, demands, losses, damages, judgments, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys' fees) arising out of or in connection with any and all claims of third parties, whether groundless or not, based on any film submitted to the festival.