The W.I.T.H.F.F is a nomadic film festival. It is organised in collaboration with the local people that Marysol & Chris meet on their journey around the world (whereisthehorse.com/withff). We promote local and international film directors. Thus, we select half local/half international films at our screenings. We're interested in themes related to culture, ancestral traditions, first nations, environmental ethics, naturalistic observations, individual and collective wellbeing, inspiriting-uplifting stories/portraits, existentialism, mental and spiritual healing. We also set a space to "freely associate" and elaborate the themes set forth by the movies after the projections. The spectators are invited to vote for their favorite movie on our website after the screening. Finally, we do the best we can to provide free popcorn.
WITHFF Public's favorite
To be admitted, each film must match the following requirements :
• Films can be documentary, experimental, fiction or animation (students films are accepted) ;
• Films must be somehow related to culture, ancestral traditions, first nations, environmental ethics, naturalistic observations, individual and collective wellbeing, inspiriting-uplifting stories/portraits and existential humanistic philosophy ;
• Films have to be produced (or the 1st public exhibition) after January, 2012 ;
• Films have to be available for Festival screening on codec H.264, Apple Pro Res, .mov.
• Films have to be subtitled with english subtitles.
The film must be uploaded to FilmFreeway
· Participants have to enter their film via the online submission
· Attached files :
· One still of the film which can be used in any publication
· A photo of the director
· A synopsis
If the film is selected for the Nomad Festival, a digital file (HD, .mov, H.264, Pro Res) no bigger than 10G must be sent via wetransfer.com