WIFT-H and SWAMP SET THE TABLE FOR A VIRTUALLY CREATIVE SCREENPLAY EVENT
While we continue to stick to limiting large in person gatherings to stop the Coronavirus from spreading, Women in Film & Television–Houston (WIFT-H) in collaboration with Southwest Alternate Media Project (SWAMP) wants to keep the creative juices flowing in the community.
WIFT-H and SWAMP are calling for submissions for a Short Script Virtual Table Read to be held live via Zoom on Tuesday, September 29, 2020.
By short script, we mean 15 pages or less, with a limit of two (2) scripts per person. To enter, you must submit by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, September 8, 2020.
Find full entry details in the Rules & Terms section.
The winning script will be selected by a panel of industry experts, and professional actors will perform the live reading. The winner will be notified by Tuesday, September 15, 2020.
The WIFT-H Short Script Virtual Table Read is a free event and open to the public — in other words, an opportunity to have your talent spotlighted to a potentially worldwide audience!
Save the date, and stay tuned for more info on this “virtually creative” event from WIFT-H and SWAMP.
Actors will read your winning script live via a Zoom.us virtual table read for the public.
To enter your short screenplay for the reading please use the guidelines for submission below:
• Open to the public with discount fee for CURRENT paid members of Women in Film & Television-Houston (WIFT-H) or Southwest Alternate Media Project (SWAMP). If you are unsure of your membership status, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. To join WIFT-H (both women and men are members) please e-mail email@example.com. To join SWAMP please use this link: https://www.swamp.org/plans-pricing
• The screenplay must be 15 pages or less.
• All genres accepted.
• Material MUST be submitted in standard screenplay format, font, spacing and margin. If it is not in standard screenplay format it will not be accepted. If you need help with formatting you can find an example here: https://www.writersstore.com/how-to-write-a-screenplay-a-guide-to-scriptwriting/
• The script must be submitted as a PDF and must have a properly formatted file name (Name of Script by Author First Name Last Name.pdf _ i.e.Seven Kurosawa.pdf)
• The script must be the original work of the writer with no encumbrances.
• Scripts must be submitted in English.
• There are no requirements for when the material was written.
• The script must be submitted electronically via FilmFreeway.
• You are limited to 2 submissions per person.