The most PRESTIGIOUS online competition for 12 years! IMDb Qualified!
Promoting independent filmmakers of cinematic gems and unique voices to a worldwide audience. Serving to advance your career even during times when film festivals are closed!
25% Discount and one FREE additional Category
See all details below under Rules & Terms
IndieFEST, currently in its 12th year, discovers and honors the achievements of filmmakers who produce high quality films and new media. Attracting both powerhouse industry veterans as well as talented new filmmakers, the IndieFEST is an exceptional, truly international awards competition, not a traditional film festival.
For the veteran filmmaker – IndieFEST serves as a great predictor of future success. Our films have gone on to win Oscars, Emmys, Tellys and more. For the filmmaker establishing or advancing a career – a prestigious IndieFEST win helps promote your film and your future projects.
IndieFEST vs Traditional Film festivals:
The goal of traditional film festivals is to bring entertainment to local audiences making the filmmaker of secondary importance. IndieFEST is about helping independent filmmakers gain the credibility and publicity they justly deserve.
Serving filmmakers is IndieFEST’s primary goal:
IndieFEST strives to give talented directors, producers, actors, creative teams and new media creators the positive exposure and credibility they deserve. The IndieFEST promotes award winners through press releases to over 100,000 filmmakers and industry contacts through our partners at FilmFestivals.com
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING:
• IMDb QUALIFIED – Have your win listed on the industry’s top international database.
• PROMOTIONAL LAURELS – Give your film opening and your promotional graphics that wow factor!
• PEER REVIEW – Our judges are Emmy, Telly and award-winning filmmakers who understand both filmmaking craft and what audiences want.
• NO DATE REQUIREMENTS - As long as you believe your film is still relevant - it is welcome.
• FREE PRESS IS EVERYTHING – Use our social media posts to share with your audience and our free press release template and tips to garner critical publicity to enhance the credibility of your project.
• PRESS RELEASE – CUSTOM for you! – Winners receive a fill-in-the-blanks Press Release to promote your win and tips for using it. We've done the heavy lifting - just fill it in and send to media outlets suitable for your work!
• SOCIAL MEDIA PUSH – IndieFEST announces award winners on Facebook and Twitter and winners are encouraged to share and re-Tweet those posts. Winners are also sent to a data base of 100,000 industry pros through our partner FilmFestivals.com.
FEATURES OF IndieFEST:
• PRESTIGIOUS – In winning an IndieFEST award you join the ranks of high-profile winners including Oscar and Emmy winning famous (and soon to be famous!) filmmakers.
• NO POLITICS / FAIR JUDGING – It doesn’t matter who you are – each entry is judged solely on the merits of the piece and scores are given accordingly!
• TELLING – A great predictor of future success! Our talented filmmakers have gone on to win Oscars, Emmys & Tellys.
• SOCIAL CONSCIENCE – IndieFEST grants an annual Humanitarian Award and celebrates work by women filmmakers, LBGTQ+, disability issues, social justice, humanity, animal welfare and environmental issues.
• CAREER ENHANCING – IndieFEST attracts extraordinary work from filmmakers at all levels of experience - from talented first timers to industry heavyweights. Everyone benefits from the publicity of a win and from professional peer feedback!
• UNIQUE – A truly international awards competition, attracting global participation. 107 countries and counting!
• INDUSTRY STANDARD – We proudly comply with Festival best practices and IndieFEST is IMDb qualified! Listing your award on your IMDb page is invaluable for your projects and future endeavors.
WHAT KIND OF MEDIA
IndieFEST is an excellent venue for films, documentaries, new and experimental media, television pilot programs, animation, educational programs, remixes & mashups, movie trailers, music videos, webisodes, tube length works and so much more!
Judging and Award Levels:
**** We believe that films other than the ONE “BEST OF” deserve recognition – so we offer a variety of award levels befitting the judging scores.
Each year IndieFEST Film Awards receives thousands of entries. Quality and creativity are celebrated in four levels of awards: Best of Show, Award of Excellence, Award of Merit and Award of Recognition.
FAIR & NON-POLITICAL - We pride ourselves on fair and non-political judging. Entries do not compete against each other. Instead, entries are judged against a high standard of merit and are scored accordingly.
Judges score entries on a performance scale and winning entries are recognized in four different levels of awards depending on their final score. Entries do not compete against each other. Instead, entries are judged against a high standard of merit and are scored accordingly.
Best of Show honors are granted to the top scoring entry for each season. Awards of Excellence are granted to entries with truly exceptional filmmaking. Notable artistic and technical productions are recognized at the Awards of Merit award level and Awards of Recognition recognizes achievement in a specific category of entry.
No fixed numbers of awards are granted at any level but rather fluctuate based on the total number of entries received for each competition deadline.
Each individual submission will receive two confirmation emails. One from FilmFreeway confirming your entry through their system and one directly from the IndieFEST Film Awards team with additional details.
After judging is completed, winners in all categories will be notified of their award immediately following the submission of the judge’s findings to the IndieFEST staff.
Submissions that were not awarded will be notified after the judging process. All award winners are also provided the opportunity to acquire statuettes and other keepsakes to commemorate their achievement.
Winning films are also announced by social media and website listing.
The IndieFEST statuette is exceptional in this industry and is a work of art. Covered with 24k gold, it is manufactured by the company that makes the worlds’ most prestigious and celebrated awards, the Oscar, Clio, and Accolade. BEST OF SHOW will receive a complimentary stature. Other winners will have the opportunity to purchase statuettes to commemorate their wins.
IndieFEST is a competition with a conscience. Each year the IndieFEST grants its Annual Humanitarian Award for dedicated service to Ecological, Political, Social Justice, Health and Wellness, Animals, Wildlife, Conservation and Spiritual importance. Films meeting these criteria and recognized at the Award of Excellence level can be nominated for the Humanitarian Award by any of the judges. All nominated films are then reviewed at the end of each year and awards granted. Each year the judges will select one Grand Prize winner and award Outstanding Achievement, Award of Distinction and Honorable Mention to all deserving films.
Rules / Eligibility
1. Submissions in other than English must be subtitled.
2. Multiple entries are allowed from a filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
3. Online screeners are mandatory. If you choose not to upload your project to FilmFreeway’s site, please provide an online link to your submission and be sure to include the password in an email correspondence sent directly to the IndieFEST Film Awards. If you choose to send a DVD screener as well, please format it in NTSC, label the cover with the FilmFreeway Tracking ID, film title, filmmaker name and telephone number, and forward it to the IndieFEST Film Awards mailing address.
4. There are NO date requirements!
5. IndieFEST does not download submissions or accept Dropbox submissions. Please only send links to your media hosted on 3rd party servers such as Vimeo or YouTube.
6. Written comments describing entries are beneficial.
7. DVD Entries will not be returned.
8. All films submitted under a “Student Fee” category will be listed as a (Student) on all materials including social media and press releases. Student I.D. required.
25% Discount and one FREE additional Category
For the discount:
Use code GLOBALHEALTHIF at checkout
For the one free additional category
1. After you check out and your entry is processed, you will receive an email from Info@theindiefest.com explaining the next steps
2. That email will have a link to all of the available categories so you can see your options. You get one additional category free of charge. Follow the directions in that email to receive your free category.
3. If you would like MORE than one category - you may purchase others through the link in that email. Just use the easy to follow instructions in that email
None of this will be possible unless you receive that email. Make sure you add Info@theindiefest.com to your safe senders list right away! (Especially you Gmail users!)
Where our filmmakers are from:
The IndieFEST puts filmmakers first and provides a direct opportunity for recognition and publicity for high quality films and documentaries. It is international in scope and has granted awards to producers in Argentina, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bali, Barbados, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Colombia, Cuba, Cyprus, Denmark, Ecuador, El Salvador, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Korea, Kuwait, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Martinique, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Paraguay, Philippines, Poland, Republic of Korea, Republic of Mauritius, Romania, Russia, Samoa, Serbia, Singapore, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Syrian Arab Republic, Taiwan, Thailand, Trinidad, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, USA and more!
The IndeiFEST sister competitions are the Accolade Global Film Competition (www.AccoladeCompetition.org), which celebrates outstanding media of every variety around the globe, the Impact DOCS Awards (www.ImpactDOCSAwards.com) serving documentary filmmakers and spreading their messages around the globe, and Best Shorts Competition honoring the best in Short Film filmmaking. (www.BestShorts.net).
All four competitions share administrative offices but have independent judging and judging results from one competition will not influence the outcome of the other