THE ARTISTS FORUM CHOREOGRAPHY COMPETITION, part of our Juried Arts Festival programming, is open to choreographers seeking to gain exposure in the New York City and international dance community.
Its mission is to provide an accessible platform for innovative choreographers to present their best work for juried selection, increase artist communication and business contacts, provide career advancement opportunities, and publicly acknowledge the talents of dance creators.
Our 2022 Competition Theme: REFLECTIONS ON THE NATIONAL PSYCHE
THE ARTISTS FORUM invites artists to showcase interpretations for the phrase: Reflections on the National Psyche.
The term “national psyche” refers to the collective thinking or attitude of a nation as a whole, and is not specific to any individual nation. This idea can be applied to or in contrast of any cultural ideology.
Award recognition will be given at a ceremony in New York City, alongside screenings of selected films.
All finalists will be video profiled and promoted on our online platforms.
Winners are eligible for a formal studio or Zoom interview with host to be promoted via THE ARTISTS FORUM TELEVISION – an arts-based cable TV program broadcasted from New York City since 2000.
Our Grand Prize winner will receive an exclusive mentorship opportunity with an industry professional.
Submissions are only being accepted through FilmFreeway.com
• Submission must have been completed after January 1, 2021.
• Works-in-Progress will not be accepted.
• Submission without audio will not be accepted.
• All entries must be in English or with English subtitles.
• Videos must have a running time of 7 minutes or less, including credits.
• SUBMISSION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
• No commissioned works (industrials, infomercials, etc.) are accepted into this competition. Only independently produced videos are to be considered for competition. (However, videos receiving production funding is permissible).
• THE ARTISTS FORUM CHOREOGRAPHY COMPETITION does not pay screening fees. By submitting your film via FilmFreeway.com you acknowledge that THE ARTISTS FORUM CHOREOGRAPHY COMPETITION will not pay to present your film.
• Selected entries must be submitted and available by July 1, 2022 to be included in the competition line-up.
In order to submit to this category, college undergrads must provide documentation of active enrollment in an educational institution plus your student ID.
• Grad Students and all others are not eligible for student rates.
Filmmakers may submit multiple entries to THE ARTISTS FORUM CHOREOGRAPHY COMPETITION. Each submission must be accompanied by a separate FilmFreeway.com online entry form.
Category winners are based on the quality and quantity of entries.
Therefore, THE ARTISTS FORUM does not guarantee a winner in each category if judges deem the entrees do not meet our standard criteria.
The following Apple-friendly format are required:
• Your video's exhibition copy as a Quicktime Pro Res 422 (1920x1080).
• Your trailer (if you have one available) as a .mov or mp4 film format, 1GB or less.
• Video stills and other promotional images in a high res .png or .jpg format.
• Name, Mailing Address, Email Address, Phone Number, Website (if any), social media handles, Bio, Choreographer's Country of Origin, Choreographer's Current Residency, Country of Filming, Video/choreo title, log line, synopsis, crew listings, and social media handles for your main cast or crew members in one pdf document.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
By submitting your work to THE ARTISTS FORUM CHOREOGRAPHY COMPETITION you are hereby agree to the following terms & conditions:
I hereby state that I am legally authorized to enter this work into THE ARTISTS FORUM CHOREOGRAPHY COMPETITION .
I guarantee that I own the rights to the choreography and video in its entirety, or that I have secured in writing all proprietary rights as required by law the use of the following: music, audio samples, images, performances, text, trademarks and/or service marks, and any other intellectual property used in the film and indicated on this form.
I have also acquired the necessary releases for all persons, talent, crew, and/or location(s) involved in producing the video submitted for this competition.
I will indemnify, safeguard, and hold harmless THE ARTISTS FORUM INC., THE ARTISTS FORUM CHOREOGRAPHY COMPETITION, and all of their sponsors, related parties and/or affiliates, from any claims, damages, costs, expenses, and liabilities arising from the creation, publication, use, viewing, or reproduction of the video at present or in the future, including, but not limited to, claims for negligence and other infringements, fraud, unauthorized exhibition, discrimination, defamation, and breach of contract.
I agree to give THE ARTISTS FORUM INC. and THE ARTISTS FORUM CHOREOGRAPHY COMPETITION a non-exclusive, perpetual right at no cost to duplicate, screen, or disperse the film in any media and in any manner it deems appropriate for promotional and educational purposes related to the festival. I hereby have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the foregoing license, and all of my content does not infringe, violate, misappropriate or otherwise conflict with the rights of any third party, and complies with all applicable laws and regulations, foreign and domestic. I accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein.
I agree to allow THE ARTISTS FORUM INC. and THE ARTISTS FORUM CHOREOGRAPHY COMPETITION to use photographs, audio or visual interviews of myself, and other likenesses of me, as well as, my name, either actual or fictitious. I hold THE ARTISTS FORUM INC. and THE ARTISTS FORUM CHOREOGRAPHY COMPETITION harmless from the damage to, or the loss of, video media and/or any publicity materials that I supply.
My submission and all activities related to my submission will be in compliance with the FilmFreeway’s Terms of Service for Filmmakers.
I have read and fully comprehended the guidelines. I have complied with the terms of submission stated above and my application and payment into the competition verifies my acceptance of all Rules, Terms, and Submission Conditions.