The Staten Island Summer of Shorts Film Festival will be held at the Reformed Church on Staten Island where Netflix, Hulu and HBO television shows have been filmed.
This event will screen 10 Short Films from around the world.
Come support independent filmmakers or submit your own short film if chosen. This film festival is put on by the Historic Port Richmond Preservation Association (501c3 non-profit organization.)
The Film festival will be on Saturday, August 27th, 2022 at 5pm.
There will be a Red Carpet event prior to the screening.
First Place - $500.00 USD
Second Place - $300.00 USD
Third Place - $200.00 USD
In addition, there will be an award for the "People's Choice" Award voted by the Audience the night of the Festival.
1. All Films must be under 20 minutes long.
2. No nudity or no extreme violence will be accepted.
3. All Films will be reviewed for Screening by our industry Judges.
4. Not ALL Films submitted will automatically be chosen. We only have space for 10 short films. They will be judged by our panel.
5. All international films MUST be subtitled in ENGLISH (if not in English.)
6. Films submitted must be able to be downloaded (Google Drive, Dropbox, Vimeo downloadable, WeTransfer, etc.)
7. There will be a $25.00 non-refundable per film fee.
8. Filmmakers may submit more than one film but must pay per submission per film.
9. Film Directors will be notified on June 3rd, 2022 whether or not there film has been an official selection or not.
10. Filmmakers whose films have been selected will be able to receive an Official Selection Logo in a PNG file they can use to advertise their film example 'Official Selection at the 2022 Staten Island Summer of Shorts Film Festival'
11. Filmmakers are all invited to attend our event, however, transportation, travel, and the lodge are up to the individual filmmaker.
12. EPK (including movie posters, BTS Photos, and other assets) can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.