In 2019 Świdnicki Ośrodek Kultury and Wrocław Film Foundation as the organizers of the SPEKTRUM Film Festival in Świdnica and the ‘Okiem Młodych’ (‘The Youth Perspective’) International Documentary Film Festival decided to combine these two events into one.
Thanks to this, the SPEKTRUM festival has gained new competition sections for short films, all under the name ‘The Youth Perspective’ - the first of them is the Competition ‘The Youth Perspective’ for short fiction films - designed for creators up to 35 years of age; the second is the Competition ‘The Youth Perspective’ for short documentaries - where the age category is the same; and the Amateurs Competition ‘The Youth Perspective’ intended for authors up to the age of 21 (it is possible to short fiction, documentaries and animated films).
In the upcoming 2021 edition we decided to add the 'Youth Perspective' Competition - animation. It's aimed for the filmmakers under 35 years of age.
About the SPEKTRUM film festival in Świdnica:
The 7th edition will be the next meeting with the best cinema from the last few months and its creators. Our event is a celebration of artistic cinema, during which we watch the most interesting films from the passing season in Poland, Europe and around the world. SPEKTRUM is characterized by strict selection and careful selection. During the festival, we will watch about 60 short and full-length films. In addition, the festival will host many meetings with film stars, discussions and accompanying events.
The Competitions Jurys will select the winning films within the following four Competitions: Short Fiction, Documentary, Animation and Amateurs. The Jury's selection will be announced during the Festival. The winners will receive a statue (all four competitons) and a cash prize (for Short Fiction, Documentary and Animation). The Organizers reserve a right to release the information about those awards in a separate announcement. The awards will be presented during the Award Ceremony of 7th Swidnica Film Festival SPEKTRUM in the fall of 2021*.
*Due to the pandemic restrictions the date of the Festival will be announced seperatly, but we can assure that it will take place between the late September and beginning of the November of 2021.
Terms and conditions of the Competitions of the 7th Swidnica Film Festival SPEKTRUM
I. General information
1. 7th Świdnica Film Festival SPEKTRUM (further referred to as the Festival) will take place in fall of 2021 in Świdnica, Poland. The Festival aims to present an overview of both fiction and documentary films, including animated films.
2. The Organizers of the Festival are: Świdnicki Ośrodek Kultury and Wrocławska Fundacja Filmowa.
II Film submission
1. One of the elements of the Festival’s programme is the Short Fiction Competition; Documentary Short Competition; Animated Short Competition and Amateurs Competition for the best fiction and documentary shorts (further referred to as the Competitions).
2. Submissions for the Competitions are open to individuals (further referred to as the Applicants) up to 35 years of age (Documentary Short, Short Fiction and Short Animation) or up to 21 years of age (Amateurs) (at the moment of submission). Members of the Jury and the Selecting Committee cannot participate in the Competition.
3. By submitting a film, applicant accepts these Terms and Conditions.
4. Festival submission costs: on Early Deadline (till April 26th 2021) - 5 USD; on Regular Deadline (till May 17th 2021) - 7 USD.
Submissions for Amateurs Competition are free of charge.
5. We only accept films completed after January 1st 2019 (Documentary, Shorts Fiction and Animation) or after January 1st 2018 (Amateurs Competition) (providing they had not been submitted in the past seasons of the Festival).
6. In order to submit a film for the Competition, the Applicant must send its application through FilmFreeway portal: https://filmfreeway.com/spektrum by the May 17th 2021.
Organizers reserve a right to extend the application deadline if necessary.
7. The applicant takes a full responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided in the application form as well as the clearance of the copyrights of the film.
III. Technical specification
1. Films submitted to the festival SPEKTRUM can be submitted in an electronic form, via https://filmfreeway.com/spektrum.
2. Film length: up to 30 minutes.
3. Each film should have opening and closing credits with information such as: film title, film-makers’ names, year of production and must have English subtitles.
4. Organizers reserve a right to withdraw a film from the Competitions due to a faulty copy, that cannot be screened.
5. The Applicant, whose film is selected to the Competition is obligated to send, at his own expense, a screening copy of the film in MP4 or MOV formats, preferably in an electronic form via Dropbox, Google Drive, MyAirbridge, FileMail, WeTransfer or similar hosting website, within 7 days from the information given by the Competitions Coordinator about film selection .
IV. Selection process
1. Films will be handed over to the Selecting Committee, who will decide on the Competition’s film selection.
2. The Selecting Committee will be put together by the Organizers.
3. The Applicant will be informed about the festival selection by the Organizers, via email or phone, not later than on July 4th 2021. The Organizers reserve a right to extend this deadline due to unpredictable circumstances.
1.The Competitions Jury will select a winning films. The winners will receive a statue (all four Competitions) and a cash prize (Short Fiction, Documentary and Animation).
2. During the Festival several honorary awards will be presented. The Organizers reserve a right to release the information about those awards in a separate announcement.
3. The awards will be presented during the Award Ceremony of 7th Swidnica Film Festval SPEKTRUM in the fall of 2021.
1. The Competitions Jury consists of three to five people. The Jury awards the Main Prize. The members of the Jury will be revealed to the public in a separate announcement.
2. The Jury reserves a right to select films for Special Mentions. In case of any disagreements the Head of the Jury makes the final decisions.
3. A Jury Secretary will prepare a summary from the Jury’s meeting.
1. The Applicant takes full responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided in the Application Form. Submitting false or incomplete personal information, or not providing it at all will result in a withdrawal the film from the Competition.
2. Copyrights of each film submitted must be cleared and cannot violate third party personal rights.
3. In case of submitting to the Festival a film that infringes copyrights or one that violates third party’s personal rights, the Applicant is obligated to cover any legal costs arising from any claims of infringement of third party rights, as well as the cost of penalties and damages that are results of the infringement.
4. The Applicant agrees to the publication of the information about the film on the Festival’s website and in official publications (catalogue, brochures, leaflets etc.) and in press releases, as well as agrees to the use of film fragments (no longer than 30 sec.) and film stills for the purpose of the promotion of the Festival and in media presentations (press, radio, TV and the Internet).
5. The Applicant agrees to the screenings of his film during the duration of the Festival and in the period after the Festival during special screenings in Poland and abroad prepared by the Organizers.
VIII. Final conditions
1. Film copies, submitted to the Festival will not be returned and will be kept in the Festival’s archive.
2. The Selecting Committee’s and the Jury’s verdicts are final and unquestionable.
3. The Organizers take no responsibility for the copyright infringements of any submitted film.
IX. Additional information
Additional information about the Competition can be acquired from Competitions Coordinator: Weronika Sowińska (email@example.com).