Our event is a celebration of artistic cinema, during which we watch the most interesting films from the passing season in Poland, Europe and around the world. SPEKTRUM is characterized by strict and careful selection. Ecology, locality and human bonds are important to us while building the festival's identity. Spektrum observes global trends in cinema and doesn't forget about local communities.
During the festival, we will watch about 60 short and full-length films. In addition, the festival will host many meetings with film stars, discussions and accompanying events. One of the most important elements of the festival is an international competition of short films - Young perspective. The filmmakers can submit their films in four categories: short fiction, documentary, animation and amateurs competition. In the first three categories are for those under 35 years. The amateur competition is open to filmmakers under the age of 21 and are not not participating in film schools. The length of films in each category may not exceed 30 minutes.
The Competitions Jurys will select the winning films within the following four Competitions: Short Fiction, Documentary, Animation and Amateurs. The Jury's selection will be announced during the Festival. The winners will receive a statue (all four competitons) and a cash prize (for Short Fiction, Documentary and Animation). The Organizers reserve a right to release the information about those awards in a separate announcement. The awards will be presented during the Award Ceremony of 8th SPEKTRUM Film Festival in October of 2022.
Terms and conditions of the Competitions of the 8th SPEKTRUM Film Festival
I. General information
1. 8th SPEKTRUM Film Festival (further referred to as the Festival) will take place between 22nd and 29th of October 2022 in Świdnica, Poland. The Festival aims to present an overview of both fiction and documentary films, including animated films.
2. The Organizers of the Festival are: Świdnicki Ośrodek Kultury and Wrocławska Fundacja Filmowa.
II Film submission
1. One of the elements of the Festival’s programme is the Short Fiction Competition; Documentary Short Competition; Animated Short Competition and Amateurs Competition for the best fiction and documentary shorts (further referred to as the Competitions).
2. Submissions for the Competitions are open to individuals (further referred to as the Applicants) up to 35 years of age (Documentary Short, Short Fiction and Short Animation) or up to 21 years of age (Amateurs) (at the moment of submission). Members of the Jury and the Selecting Committee cannot participate in the Competition.
3. By submitting a film, applicant accepts these Terms and Conditions.
4. Festival submission costs: on Early Deadline (till May 30th 2022) - 5 USD; on Regular Deadline (till June 30th 2022) - 7 USD.
Submissions for Amateurs Competition are free of charge.
5. We only accept films completed after January 1st 2020 (Documentary, Shorts Fiction and Animation) or after January 1st 2019 (Amateurs Competition) (providing they had not been submitted in the past seasons of the Festival).
6. In order to submit a film for the Competition, the Applicant must send its application through FilmFreeway portal: https://filmfreeway.com/spektrum by the June 30th 2022.
Organizers reserve a right to extend the application deadline if necessary.
7. The applicant takes a full responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided in the application form as well as the clearance of the copyrights of the film.
III. Technical specification
1. Films to the SPEKTRUM festival can be submitted in an electronic form, via https://filmfreeway.com/spektrum.
2. Film length: up to 30 minutes.
3. Each film should have opening and closing credits with information such as: film title, film-makers’ names, year of production and must have English subtitles.
4. Organizers reserve a right to withdraw a film from the Competitions due to a faulty copy, that cannot be screened.
5. The Applicant, whose film is selected to the Competition is obligated to send, at his own expense, a screening copy of the film in MP4 or MOV formats, preferably in an electronic form via Dropbox, Google Drive, MyAirbridge, FileMail, WeTransfer or similar hosting website, within 7 days from the information given by the Competitions Coordinator about film selection .
IV. Selection process
1. Films will be handed over to the Selecting Committee, who will decide on the Competition’s film selection.
2. The Selecting Committee will be put together by the Organizers.
3. The Applicant will be informed about the festival selection by the Organizers, via email or phone, not later than on August 15th 2022. The Organizers reserve a right to extend this deadline due to unpredictable circumstances.
1.The Competitions Jury will select a winning films. The winners will receive a statue (all four Competitions) and a cash prize (Short Fiction, Documentary and Animation).
2. During the Festival several honorary awards will be presented. The Organizers reserve a right to release the information about those awards in a separate announcement.
3. The awards will be presented during the Award Ceremony of 8th SPEKTRUM Film Festval in October of 2022.
1. The Competitions Jury consists of three to five people. The Jury awards the Main Prize. The members of the Jury will be revealed to the public in a separate announcement.
2. The Jury reserves a right to select films for Special Mentions. In case of any disagreements the Head of the Jury makes the final decisions.
3. A Jury Secretary will prepare a summary from the Jury’s meeting.
1. The Applicant takes full responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided in the Application Form. Submitting false or incomplete personal information, or not providing it at all will result in a withdrawal the film from the Competition.
2. Copyrights of each film submitted must be cleared and cannot violate third party personal rights.
3. In case of submitting to the Festival a film that infringes copyrights or one that violates third party’s personal rights, the Applicant is obligated to cover any legal costs arising from any claims of infringement of third party rights, as well as the cost of penalties and damages that are results of the infringement.
4. The Applicant agrees to the publication of the information about the film on the Festival’s website and in official publications (catalogue, brochures, leaflets etc.) and in press releases, as well as agrees to the use of film fragments (no longer than 30 sec.) and film stills for the purpose of the promotion of the Festival and in media presentations (press, radio, TV and the Internet).
5. The Applicant agrees to the screenings of his film during the duration of the Festival and in the period after the Festival during special screenings in Poland and abroad prepared by the Organizers.
VIII. Final conditions
1. Film copies, submitted to the Festival will not be returned and will be kept in the Festival’s archive.
2. The Selecting Committee’s and the Jury’s verdicts are final and unquestionable.
3. The Organizers take no responsibility for the copyright infringements of any submitted film.
IX. Additional information
Additional information about the Competition can be acquired from Competitions Coordinator: Weronika Sowińska (email@example.com).