We are currently accepting entries for Salem Horror Festival, located in Salem, MA. We are accepting entries for compelling short films for our Wicked Shorts program. We are also accepting entries for feature length films. We are looking for films with disturbing stories that reveal something about our societal fears. We prefer films with strong social themes.
Shorts: The best shorts will be curated by a jury and will be featured as part of a two-hour showcase. After the two-hour showcase, the audience will be given a chance to vote on their favorite short. The audience favorite will be awarded the Count Orlock Award. In addition to our 2 hour official shorts showcase, we will be showing shorts prior to feature length films and screening shorts at additional times and locations during our festival. *
Features: The feature film submissions will be taken in to consideration for screening at the festival. Screening schedule is TBD. *
* The information listed above is for in-person events. The festival format for 2021 will most likely be a mixture of online events and in-person events depending on how the pandemic progresses.
Upon submitting a film for consideration to Salem Horror Festival the submitter acknowledges and agrees to the following:
1. The submitter holds relevant copyrights for the submitted film and agrees to screen the film at Salem Horror Festival should it be selected for the program.
2. The submitter understands that submitting a film does not guarantee entry into the festival program.
Salem Horror Festival only accepts submissions electronically, utilizing online screeners. This allows your film to be seen by the whole programming team and thus increases its chances of being selected.
- Films must be submitted in English or have English subtitles.
– Running time for all shorts must be 15 minutes or less. Running times for feature length films must be 3 hrs or less.
-Selected films must be made available as a download or the submitter must arrange for KDMs (if required) and shipping of materials to Salem, MA by the agreed festival materials deadline.
-If submitting more than one film, a separate completed entry is required for each title.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
SCHEDULING: Films are scheduled at the discretion of Salem Horror Fest. Salem Horror Fest retains the right to make changes to the published schedule at any time and for any reason. Films may be screened more than once.
RELEASE: Salem Horror Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The submitter shall indemnify and hold harmless Salem Horror Fest from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening materials entered.