Queer Here Cinema is an event night created with the purpose of providing the LGBTQIA+ film community an environment where everyone can feel empowered, appreciated, and seen. Come for the films, have a drink, kiki after.
We are looking for Queer-Positive Films with main characters and/or creators who identify as LGBTQIA+ from all genres, from around the world.
Queer Here Cinema takes place at 10 & 10 ½ DTLA. 10 ½ is a 3,000 sq ft theatrical venue with a twenty-five by twelve-foot stage featuring a floor-to-ceiling video wall that your film will be screened on, lighting rig, and state-of-the-art sound system. Creators can appreciate the private backstage Green Room with viewing access to the films.
Depending on short length, we will select 5-7 shorts per month. Once submitted, if not selected, your short will be considered for future events (w/no additional fees) and we will communicate dates and times for the event.
When films get made, it happens by small groups of like minded, goal oriented, passionate people. It's never an easy task, and there are obstacles and factors that will put the vision to the test. It is challenging, but when the final product is ready for an audience, it's the greatest reward.
For this reason, all films are submitted as winners and the prize is a space to showcase it to a live audience in the heart of Downtown Los Angeles, in the entertainment capital of the world.
* The depiction of animal abuse whether real or implied is not acceptable and will lead to automatic disqualification and loss of entry fee.
* The decision of the selection committee is final.
* All entry fees are non-refundable.
* Entrants are responsible for securing all rights and permissions from copyright relating to their short.
* You must own all the rights to the film or have permission to use any songs included in your film.
* You agree to promote our festival on any and all social media pages.
* We retain the right to change the date and venue of the festival under special circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes through email and our online platforms.
* By submitting to us, you give us consent and right to screen your film in front of a live audience
* Short films must not exceed 20 minutes.
* Feature films must not exceed 180 minutes
* Submissions must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.