The island is getting ready for another year of the most enjoyable film festival in the heart of Oranjestad, Aruba. Where filmmakers and film lovers come together to celebrate the art of cinema. With different activities in Playa (Oranjestad), the festival will offer an immersive cultural experience: parties, fabulous food, movies, talks and fun.
All films in the official selection will compete in the following categories:
- Playa Film Festival Best Feature Film 2023.
- Playa Film Festival Best Short Film 2023.
The festival does not offer screening fees for its films. By submitting through FilmFreeway you are agreeing to NOT request a screening fee as a requirement for your film's participation in the festival, should your film get selected for the program.
Since the festival only requires a nominal entry fee, we will not accept requests for entry fee waivers.
- Open to everyone.
- Films made on the last 2 years are eligible.
- All non-English language films must have legible English language subtitles.
- We only accept submissions through FilmFreeway.
- Submission deadlines: Earlybird December 31 2022, Regular February 28 2023 & Late April 30 2023.
- The exhibition format is MP4.
VIDEO: Codec: H.264 | Frame Rate: 24 / 23.98 | Data Rate: 10.000 - 20.000 Kbits/sec | Resolution: 1080p HD = 1920x1080 px | Aspect Ratio: 16:9.
AUDIO: Stereo | Codec: ACC / AAC-LC | Data Rate: 320 kbps | Sample rate: 48.000 kHz.