Planet in Focus is celebrating our 21st anniversary as Canada’s leading environmental film organization showcasing and promoting outstanding environmental films in all genres by Canadian and international filmmakers.
Planet in Focus proudly pays screening fees to all Official Festival Selections and Touring Selections. PIF operates year-round producing Canada’s largest environmental film festival every fall in Toronto, as well as bringing environmental films to communities and schools across the country and internationally through our Touring Programs.
- Best Canadian Short Film
- Best Canadian Feature Film
- Best International Short Film
- Best International Feature Film
- Mark Haslam Award for under-represented voices
We present a full-day Industry Conference during the festival - including workshops, networking, panels, and a Master Class. The Green Pitch Award for a new production - $25,000+ cash and in-kind
ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
1) Submitted films must not have been broadcast, distributed, offered on VOD or screened commercially in the Toronto area. PIF will consider short films that have been made available online.
2) Only films completed after January 1st, 2019 will be considered for official selection
3) All foreign language films must have English subtitles
Accepted films for the Festival can be exhibited on DCP and Digital formats. The dates, times, and locations of screenings of selected films is at the discretion of the festival.
Participation in the Planet in Focus Environmental Film Festival (PIF) implies understanding and acceptance of these regulations:
1) PIF is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes.
2) The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
3) The submitter shall indemnify and hold harmless PIF from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
ADDITIONAL SCREENING TERMS
1) All submissions, despite selection will be considered for the Planet in Focus Foundation Educational Tours. Applicants will be contacted if a film is selected for a school tour or screening between the months of January to June following the festival season.
2) All entries are eligible to be added to the PIF Festival Green Film Market, a mediatheque without additional costs to the applicant. The Green Market is an on-site viewing room (mediatheque) that is accessible only to accredited industry guests (distributors, buyers and filmmakers) for the purposes of acquisition and programming.
3) Physical submissions are not returned. All submissions are added to the Planet in Focus Fonds archive based at York University
Please contact email@example.com for questions or concerns regarding any of the aforementioned rules and regulations.