Pentedattilo Film Festival is one of the most important Festival for Short Movies in Southern Italy.
Pentedattilo Film Festival is held every year in the ancient ghost town of Pentedattilo, near Reggio Calabria. The village, defined by the nineteenth-century traveler Edward Lear "The strangest human dwelling place" is perched on a strange rock shaped as a giant hand, and it has recently experienced a cultural recovery that has made it one of the most significant destination for the spread of international short films.
You have to see it to believe it: a small town still injured by the abandonment, that gets filled with words, ideas images.
Every year Pentedattilo Film Festival opens to those insatiable travellers who explore unusual borders, dedicating them a 5 full time days of screenings, seminars, films, special events.
The PFF, born in 2006 in the ghost town of Pentedattilo, Italy, by a group of young filmmakers and promoted by Ram Film, aims to give visibility to the most recent production of short films and to foster ideas and artistic exchanges; whereas the awards are an encouragement to the authors who invade each year a place that represents an emblem of change and creative sharing.
It is actually during the days of the festival that the ghost town of Pentedattilo turns back to life: the sole source of light in the steep narrow streets is the light of the short films screened in the old houses.
We fill the ancient farmhouses, the small squares, the open spaces with the stories of hundreds short movies.
We annually recover an abandoned town to let it become a symbol of a virtuous union between cinema and territory.
Territory on the Move
Best Short Film € 700,00
Best Animation Short Movie € 400,00
Best Thriller Short Film € 400,00
Best Music Video € 200,00
- Best Director
- Best Actress
- Best Actor
- Best Screenplay
- Best Cinematography
- Best Sound
- Best Soundtrack
- Honorable Mention
1) Short Films must have been completed after January 1, 2017
2) Short Films already submitted to previous PFF editions will not be accepted.
3) The Festival is divided into four sections, including:
Territorio in movimento (Territory on the move) – international short films competition without limitations about the topic. These works may last no longer than 30 minutes.
Animazione (Animation) – international animated short films competition. These works may last no longer than 30 minutes.
Thriller – international thriller short films competition. These works may last no longer than 30 minutes.
Music Video - international music video competition. These works may last no longer than 10 minutes.
4) Juries and Awards:
The jury panel of industry professionals (whose names will be forwarded at the deadline on the festival website) will award the following prizes
Territory on the move
Best Short Film € 700
Best Animation Short movie € 400.00
Best Thriller Short Film € 400,00
Best Music Video € 200,00
To submit your short there is a small fee:
Earlybird Deadline > December 30, 2018 $ 12,00
Regular Deadline > April 30, 2019 $ 15,00
Late Deadline > May 30, 2019 $ 18,00
Music Video Fee
Earlybird Deadline > December 30, 2018 $ 9,00
Regular Deadline > April 30, 2019 $ 10,00
Late Deadline > May 30, 2019 $ 11,00
6) How to Subscribe
Is mandatory the online entries submitted via FilmFreeway.com, which provides cost-saving, paperless submission to film festivals around the world. There’s no extra cost to you, and by submitting, you’ll join FilmFreeway’s global filmmaker community and stay in the loop about international exhibition opportunities. Go directly to www.pentedattilofilmfestival.net, or to FilmFreeway.com and search Pentedattilo Film Festival.
Don't print anything, don’t send us a DVD: we are a green festival!
Send us an online video, follow the instructions on FilmFreeway.com (through FilmFreeway you can also link a vimeo video with private password).
Ordinary mail with DVD will not accepted.
7) Italian subtitles are not required but recommended, English subtitles are required.
If you will be selected, dialogue lists in English are due to be sent.
The short films will be selected by pre-selection committee of the festival. Selected authors will be notified by e-mail. If you will be selected, we prefer to download through Vimeo or others a private link of your movie. In alternative, you can send us a Quicktime (H264) .mov or (H264) .mp4 movie file 1920x1080p (Pal 25fps or Ntsc 23.98 or 24fps) to email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITION
1) The decision of the Selection Committee is final. The Jury's decision is final.
2) The Pentedattilo Film Festival will provide free for the selected author (maximum of two representatives for each short) accommodation in the hostels Youth Pentedattilo. The participating will afford only for their travel costs. Furthermore, the authors or representatives of the short film selected can attend free of charge seminars film planned for the Pentedattilo Film Festival 2019.
3) The presence of the winners at the awards ceremony during the closing night of the festival is mandatory to the acquisition of prize money. Any delegation shall be allowed by the artistic direction of the Festival. In the absence of parties or delegates, the corresponding cash prizes will be allocated to the prize pool of the next edition.
4) After the submission deadline, on the website will be published the jury composition, screening times and selection calendar, all the information about the events to promote the Festival and the short films selected.
5) The competitors declare themselves the holders of all rights of use and copyright of the short film, relieving the organizers of the Film Festival from any claim made by third parties. They also declare that the contents of the short film do not violate any applicable law.
6) It is strictly forbidden to send short films with defamatory, racist, pornographic or extremely violent contents.
7) By submitting the entry form, participants authorize the Ram Film to the processing of personal data and information relating to the works submitted, solely for purposes related to the promotion and the conduct of Pentedattilo Film Festival. They also authorize the organizers to the screening of the short movie without any payment at Pentedattilo Film Festival 2019, for up to three projections, and the use of photos, video and data extract (max. 60 seconds) for the promotion of Pentedattilo Film Festival.
8) Films will be returned or destroyed only if requested by the submitter in writing, and return of films will only be made if a Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope is provided.
9) The submission of the entry form implies full and unconditional acceptance of the Rules of the festival.