Fee-free until May 6! Submit your film with no entry fee before the early bird deadline on May 6, 2020.
The mission of the Over-the-Rhine International Film Festival (OTRFF) is to present stories that celebrate the human spirit by providing a platform for audiences to see through another’s eyes. In addition, OTRFF aims to spotlight the Queen City and its role in reframing how we see disability in the entertainment industry’s ongoing discussion of diversity.
OTRFF curates a wide array of narratives addressing issues of disability, diversity, freedom, faith, and identity. Our programming crosses all formats and genres, and prominently features selections from around the world to offer greater insight and perspective. Besides our film slate and our Bold Conversation workshops, the OTRFF incorporates live music, serialized streaming content, and filmmakers’ lounges in noted hotspots in the Queen City’s burgeoning entertainment district. Please visit our website for more information on these and other OTRFF programs at www.otrfilmfest.org.
Cash awards will be granted from the following categories:
Family Audience Award
Student Short Narrative
Student Short Documentary
- Competition is open to U.S. and International entries. Please check individual categories for additional requirements.
- Feature films are 40 minutes in length or longer. Short films are under 40 minutes in length.
- Films not in the English language must be subtitled in English. All submissions will be assessed by English speakers. If submission is in a language other than English and speech is necessary for the experience, subtitles or other means of speech translation will be required. We require closed captioning of submissions. If unavailable, the submission will be accepted, but captioning will be required for all screened films.
- Films that have shown theatrically or been broadcast on television in the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky region prior to the Festival or are available on DVD or VOD are not eligible for competition.
- No works previously submitted to the festival will be considered. Any film invited to play at the Festival MUST communicate to the director of film programming if release plans change once the film is programmed. Failure to communicate may result in the film being pulled from the lineup.
- Entries must be submitted for pre-screening via Vimeo or YouTube link. If you use a secured link, you are REQUIRED to keep us updated with passwords through September 28th or your film will be considered INVALID and will be DISQUALIFIED with no refund. You MAY also send a DVD or Blu-Ray. Hard copy screeners will NOT be returned for any reason.
- You may submit multiple entries but must fill out a separate entry form and pay an entry fee for each.
- OTR International Film Festival employees, including seasonal staff, board members, sponsors, and their immediate families, are not eligible to submit in any category to this competition.
- Entry fee (must be paid online).
- 3-Line Synopsis (may be used for Festival Program and website)
- FEATURE-LENGTH FILMS: 200 Word Synopsis (may be used for Festival Program and website)
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: Include proof of student status at the time of production. (Copy of student ID or transcript.)
- YOUNG FILMMAKERS: Include a copy of your state or student ID verifying your age at the time of completion of the film. You may submit a letter from a teacher if you do not have photo ID.
- Accepted entries must submit at least one digital, horizontal 300dpi still photo from the film and at least one web-ready still at 72dpi and 560x315 pixels. The festival reserves the right to use images from the films selected for marketing purposes (web, print media, and television).
The individual or corporation submitting the film warrants that he/she is authorized to commit the film to multiple screenings during the 2021 Over-the-Rhine International Film Festival - February 25 - 28, 2021. MUST also send a Blu-Ray backup for exhibition in case something goes wrong with a digital file.
Every possible care will be taken with entries while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for loss, damage or additional charges incurred en route, or due to normal wear and tear, or due to equipment failure. Do NOT send original prints or master copies. Additionally, OTR International Film Festival is held harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity or screening of any film.
The cost of shipping an entry to the Festival must be paid by the entrant or preceding festival. All international entries must be sent with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper. For films accepted into the Festival, the entrant is responsible for inbound shipping. In most cases, OTR International Film Festival will pay the cost of outbound shipping of the print to its next destination. However, the Festival will not be responsible for unnecessary expedited or overnight shipping charges to other destinations.