NOX FILM FEST
Salto International Horror and Fantasy Film Fest, Uruguay.
The NOX FILM FEST is a fun cinematic experience that takes place during the South American summer.
The festival will accept genre films: Terror, Horror, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and subgenres.
It's an open-air festival with free admission and that receives thousands of young people and families every year who enjoy their activities.
The 6th festival's edition will take place from 13th to 16th January 2021.
The Festival has a theme park format. There are fun and attractive parallel activities like: Horror house, concerts, master class, book presentations, special guests, the enchanted forest, etc.
In 2021 will take a special microterrors contest. (Short films of terror of 13 seconds).
The NOX FILM FEST has an International Contest
with an International Jury and Audience Awards.
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Microterror 13''
The NOX FILM FEST Salto International Horror and Fantasy Film Fest, open call to producers and filmmakers from all over the world, to submit films (feature and short films) to participate in the 6th. Festival Edition, which will take place from 13th to 16th January 2020, in the City of Salto, Uruguay.
Rules and Terms
1. The Festival is an International Competition that includes awards for best feature length films, best short films and special awards in different categories.
2. Films and shorts from anywhere in the world, made in film, video, VR format or alternative formats, may be inscribed.
3. The inscribed films must belong to the genres of Terror, Fantasy, Thriller, Sci-Fi and subgenres.
4. Submitted films must have been produced between January 2018 and November 2019.
5. Feature films with a maximum duration of 100 minutes, including credits and short films with a maximum duration of 15 minutes, credits included, will be exhibited.
6. Films that have been presented in previous calls will not be accepted.
7. The Festival will give preference to films that have NOT been shown previously in Uruguayan territory.
8. Movies that have been shown at any other international festival may participate.
9. There is no registration limit for the number of films by producer company or filmmaker.
10. The films sent can be presented in any language but if they are selected, they must be subtitled in spanish or including the spanish subtitle file.
11. The screening final copy must be sent in digital format: .mp4 .mov (HD) (.264).
12. The Official Selection will be announced on December 15, 2019 through the festival's social networks and its official website www.noxfimfest.com
13. The decision of the Selection Committee will be unappealable.
14. Films included in the Official Selection may not be withdrawn from the Official Competition.
15. Once the film is part of the Official Selection, the producers authorize to the festival, the screening and comunication all materials of the films in the main event and the later samples of the Festival.
16. The Official Selection will be awarded by an External Jury, chosen by the Festival Committee.
17. The jury will be free to grant the special mentions that it considers pertinent.