➨ INCLUDED IN MOVIEMAKER MAGAZINE 20 ESSENTIAL INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
➨ VANITY FAIR ITALY "Top 20 events of August" (2021 & 2022)
➨ MOVIEMAKER MAGAZINE "Nòt Film Fest’s 2022 Lineup Aims to Make Cinema Indie Again"
➨ MASHABLE ITALIA "The Sundance of Italy"
JOIN THE REVOLUTION and MAKE CINEMA INDIE AGAIN !
Nòt Film Fest is dedicated to great independent films and creating opportunities for their filmmakers. An open air film festival offering a unique festival experience that is more than just outdoor movies. Our mission has been honored throughout the festival's past editions, held live in Santarcangelo di Romagna (Italy) , a small village nested in the hills by the Adriatic coast near Federico Fellini’s hometown Rimini . Up-and-coming writers, directors and producers, alongside seasoned veterans and film lovers, converge for the weeklong celebration of independent cinema, making Nòt Film Fest a great place to find the next, great, visionary films.
In the commitment to create real opportunities for our filmmakers and launch their career Nòt Film Fest created several partnerships to offer special awards, education, distribution opportunities as well as daily networking events to connect in a friendly and informal environment.
Among our judges and guests:
- Gabriela Rodriguez producer of Cuaron Oscar Winning "Roma”
- Peter Baxter founder of Slamdance
- Theo Green Oscar Nominated sound designer of “Blade Runner 2049”
- Sandra Lipski founder of Evolution Mallorca International Film Festival
- Paul Sbrizzi artistic director of Mammoth Lakes International Film Festival
- Caleb Hammond of MovieMaker Magazine
- Brian Welsh director of Black Mirror and Beats
- Lorn Macdonald Bafta winner for Beats
- Ludovico Di Martino Director of Italian blockbusters La Belva & I Viaggiatori
- Stefano Cipani European Film Academy Award winning director
- Coco Rebecca Edogamhe (Summertime, Netflix)
- Giuseppe Maggio of Netflix Italy hit series "Baby.
Nòt Film Fest's festival partners include:
- USC SCHOOL OF CINEMATIC ARTS
- FINAL DRAFT
- EVOLUTION MALLORCA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
- LITHUANIAN SHORTS FILM AGENCY
- STRAIGHT ARROW FILMS
- PRI FEST
- CROATIAN AUDIOVISUAL CENTRE
- FINNISH FILM FOUNDATION
- BUSAN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
- MINIKINO FILM FESTIVAL
➨ IMDB Listed Event.
➨ Recognized by the ITALIAN MINISTRY OF CULTURE for its cultural relevance.
➨ We provide festival passes for all our filmmakers and daily luncheon events.
➨ Special Awards
The 5th edition of Nòt Film Fest (August 23rd to 28th 2022) was a six days of energy, internationality, and above all independence, within the evocative and welcoming walls of Santarcangelo di Romagna (RN). The event, under the artistic direction of Alizè Latini and Giovanni Labadessa, featured 100 works, including 92 premieres, including feature films, short films, documentaries, music films and fashion films, from 39 different countries and selected from over 1000 applications received. We presented these films in a beautiful setting in the highest standards of projection quality with the old medieval city of Santarcangelo as the perfect backdrop for an independent film festival and an unforgettable experience.
Nòt Film Fest is:
- A showcase for raw and innovative "Thought Provoking Films".
- A platform fostering education about independent cinema.
- A community of RISK-TAKERS, STORY TELLERS, INNOVATORS, OUTSIDERS, PROVOKERS, CREATORS, FILM MAKERS unwilling to take “no” for an answer.
SUBMIT YOUR FILM!
The winning films are chosen by a jury of international judges.
- Best Film: "Troubled Minds"
- Best Performance: "Only Human"
- Best Director: Sarah Carter for "In Her Name"
- Special Mention to Directors: Samuel Rios Y Valles for "The Days I Lost" and Raitis & Lauris Abele for "Troubled Minds"
SHOOTING STAR FEATURE
- Best Film: "The Civil Dead"
- Best Director: Clay Tatum for "The Civil Dead"
- Best Performance: Madeline Coghlan for "We Burn Like This"
- Special Mention for Cinematography: "Giving Birth to a Butterfly"
- Best Film: "Why Are We (Not) Creative"
- Best Film: “Victory”
- Best Film: "Burros"
- Best Director: Adrian Moyse Dullin for "The Right Words"
- Best Performance: Rasmus Hammerick for "On My Mind"
SHOOTING STAR SHORT
- Best Film: "Lie Still"
- Best Performance: Simon Dietersdorfer for "Nobody"
- Best Director: Aglaja Filipovic for "Alone Together"
ER TALENTS JURY SHORT
- Best Film: “The Pitch”
- Best Director: “Ghosted”
- Special Mention: “Every Other Week”
- Best Film: “Reconstruction”
- Best Director: Lina Kalcheva for “Other Half”
- Special Mention for Performance: Christine Woods for “Avery”
- Best Film: “Enough”
- Best Film: “Yoshi Funabashi”
- Best Documentary: “Offelia”
- Best Narrative: “Vuja De” and “Figli Delle Stelle”
- Best Documentary: "Il Gabbiano Piú Inutile del Mondo"
- Best Narrative: "Giving Birth to a Butterfly"
NOT A CHANCE
- Best Film: "Happy Birthday" by Filippo Marasco
10 Awards Category
- SUPERDOC FEATURE
- SUPERDOC SHORT
- MOONWALKER FEATURE
- SHOOTING STAR FEATURE
- MOONWALKER SHORT
- SHOOTING STAR SHORT
- BRANDED POPCORN
- MUSIC BOMB
- EXPERIMENTAL SHORT
- ER TALENTS JURY SHORT
- NOTSTREAM AWARD
- DIRECTOR'S CUT
- FILMAMO AWARD
- NÒT A CHANCE AWARD
Rules & Terms NÒT FILM FEST:
- Films MUST be no older than two years from date of Festival.
- Competition is open to U.S. and International entries.
- Films will be screened with Italian subtitles.
- Feature films are 60 minutes in length or longer. Short films are under 30 minutes in length.
- All screeners must be subtitled in English, including films in english language. The films, once accepted in competition will be screened with Italian subtitles. The Producer needs to have a subtitle file (.srt file) of the film available in English or Italian. The Festival will charge a fee to translate the file and/or to create the srt file in accordance to the length and the type of file is presented (dialogue list, shooting script, etc ).
- Films that have shown theatrically or been broadcast on television in Italy prior to the Festival or are available on DVD or VOD are not eligible for competition.
- You may submit multiple entries but must fill out a separate entry form and pay an entry fee for each.
IF SELECTED YOU MUST PROVIDE:
- Entry fee (must be paid online).
- 3-Line Synopsis (may be used for Festival Program and website)
- FEATURE-LENGTH FILMS: 250 Word Synopsis (may be used for Festival Program and website)
- at least one digital, horizontal 300dpi still photo from the film and at least one web-ready still at 72dpi and 560x315 pixels.
- password protected Vimeo or Youtube screener. Screeners must be subtitled in english for the judges to view.
- DCP (With subtitles inside DCP)
- Digital high-resolution file MOV or MPG4 (One clean version no Subtitles, One subtitled version)
- Separate SRT. Subtitles file
- Every officially selected film with non-Italian dialogue MUST provide Italian subtitles. If no subtitles are available please refer to our programming team for translation services and fees.
- SUBTITLES NEED TO ALREADY BE ATTACHED AND SYNCHED UP TO THE FINAL SCREENING COPY. THE FESTIVAL DOES NOT TRANSLATE OR EDIT SUBTITLES INTO THE SCREENING COPIES.
- Nòt Film Fest is not responsible for broken or non-functioning films, DCP's. In the case that your film gets selected for the official program, a final screening copy in form of a DCP has to be delivered to the festival no later than 1 month before the opening night of the festival.
- Nòt Film Fest does not pay any screening fees. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Nòt Film Fest does not provide travel or housing for selected films cast & crew.
Hotel & Travel are granted by invitation only.
Terms & Conditions
To enter your film into NÒT FILM FEST (festival), you (Producer) must:
- Enter via FilmFreeway
- Submit your film via FilmFreeway.
By entering your film on FilmFreeway, the Producer has entered the Film in the Festival and accepts the conditions, entry guidelines and terms and conditions set out below.
2. Judging of Films
- The Film will be notified of being shortlisted prior to the official selection of the program.
The Production will have to fill out a questionnaire and state what kind of premiere the
Film is having at Nòt Film Fest. The Film cannot have the premiere stated in the questionnaire in any other festival prior to the Festival.
The jury will view the films privately and the winners will be disclosed during the Award Ceremony.
4. Producer’s Representations and Warranties
The Producer hereby represents and warrants to Festival that:
- The Producer has the sole and full right and authority to accept the Terms and Conditions and enter into this agreement and grant the rights granted in the agreement;
- The film complies with the terms and conditions
- The rights (including the intellectual property rights) of the Film are assigned to Festival to utilize for broadcasting, promotional use and any other commercial purpose
- The Producer has permission to reproduce and exploit all third party materials (and / or the results and proceeds of all third party services) contained in the Film or upon which the Film is based;
- The Producer has permission or copyright in the sound recordings comprising the soundtrack of the Film and the music, lyrics reproduced
- All the performers in the Film have consented in writing to the use of their performances in the Film
- The Producer has from each contributor for the Film, a written release to use the results and proceeds of the contributors services, without limiting the right to edit, alter and/or reproduce the results and proceeds of the contributor by the Producer or Festival assignees and licensees.
- The Producer will pay all fees and other charges related to entry of the Film in the Festival
- All details submitted in the entry form by the producer are true and correct
- All payments to contributors in connection with the film have been paid
- No part of the film is, or will be, actionable for defamation or violate any right of privacy or publicity of any person
Festival may, in its sole discretion, disqualify a Film from the Festival if Festival has reason to believe that a Film does not, for any reason, comply with the Terms and Conditions.
The production will be held accountable for any expenses incurred by the festival from the day the film is notify of being shortlisted until the day the Film is disqualified.
6. Additional Documents
Producer hereby agrees to supply any additional documents (eg copyright for music, actors release etc...) if Festival requests.
Every possible care will be taken with entries while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for loss, damage or additional charges incurred en route, or due to normal wear and tear, or due to equipment failure. Do NOT send original prints or master copies. Additionally, Festival is held harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity or screening of any film.
The cost of shipping an entry to the Festival must be paid by the entrant or preceding festival. All international entries must be sent with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper. For films accepted into the Festival, the entrant is responsible for inbound shipping.