JOIN THE REVOLUTION! SUBMIT YOUR FILM NOW!
➨ IMDB Listed Event.
➨ Recognized by the ITALIAN MINISTRY OF CULTURE for its cultural relevance.
➨ WE provide HOSPITALITY, and festival passes for all our filmmakers
NÒT FILM FEST is dedicated to great INDEPENDENT FILMS and creating opportunities for their film makers. An open air film festival offering a unique festival experience that is more than just outdoor movies.
NÒT FILM FEST is :
- A showcase for raw and innovative "Thought Provoking Films".
- A platform fostering education about independent cinema.
- A community of RISK-TAKERS, STORY TELLERS, INNOVATORS, OUTSIDERS, PROVOKERS, CREATORS, FILM MAKERS unwilling to take “no” for an answer.
Our mission has been honored throughout the festival's past editions, held in Santarcangelo di Romagna (Italy) , a small village near Rimini nested in the hills by the Adriatic coast.
The festival 2019 edition featured 63 THOUGHT PROVOKING FILMS between features, shorts, documentaries and fashion films hailing from 24 different countries including 4 World premieres, 12 European premieres and 38 Italian Premieres. We presented these films in the beautiful setting with the Old CIty of Santarcangelo as perfect backdrop for an independent film festival and a premier tourist destination in its own right.
Among our filmmakers GABRIELA RODRIGUEZ producer of Cuaron "Roma" and many more.
Up-and-coming writers, directors and producers, alongside seasoned veterans and film lovers, converge for the weeklong celebration of independent cinema, making NÒT FILM FEST a great place to find the next, great, visionary films.
In the commitment to create real opportunities for our film makers and launch their career NÒT FILM FEST created several partnership to offer Special Awards, education, distribution opportunities as well as daily networking events to connect in a friendly and informal environment.
NÒT FILM FEST festival partners include SLAMDANCE, USC SCHOOL OF CINEMATIC ARTS, SOFY TV and GIOMETTI CINEMAS .
The winning films are chosen by a jury of international judges.
- BEST SUPERDOC FEATURE -
Soyalism (Stefano Liberti , Enrico Parenti) Italy/USA
- BEST SUPERDOC SHORT -
Da Teletorre è tutto! (Vito Palmieri) Italy
- BEST STORYTIME FEATURE NARRATIVE -
Last Call (Gavin Michael Booth) USA
- BEST STORYTIME SHORT NARRATIVE -
Virgins4Lyfe (Thea Hvistendahl) Sweden
- BEST FASHION POPCORN -
La Mer (Victor Claramunt) Spain
- BEST DIRECTOR presented by CECCACCI WATCHES -
Daniel Barosa (Boni Bonita) Brazil/Argentina
- BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR -
Lilian Mazbouh (023_Greta_S) Germany
- BEST SCREENPLAY awarded by FABULA DECK -
Ryan Dowler, Seth Epstein (Something Like Loneliness) USA
- BEST SUPERDOC FEATURE
- BEST SUPERDOC SHORT
- BEST STORYTIME FEATURE NARRATIVE
- BEST STORYTIME SHORT NARRATIVE
- BEST FASHION POPCORN
- BEST MUSIC BOMB
- BEST MADE IN EMILIA ROMAGNA
- BEST DIRECTOR
- BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR
- BEST SCREENPLAY
- STRAIGHT ARROW EMERGING DIRECTOR AWARD
The winning director will receive a 3-year contract for exclusive representation as a commercial director in the United States. Awarded by Straight Arrow Films, an offshoot of Mechaniks which was established 18 years ago. Based in Venice, CA, the company has evolved into a creative collective populated by directors, writers, designers, thinkers and editors – an incubator for ideas in various forms of media production and product development. The principle role of Straight Arrow is the development of young diverse directorial talent.
Rules & Terms NÒT FILM FEST:
- Films MUST be no older than two years from date of Festival.
- Competition is open to U.S. and International entries.
- Feature films are 60 minutes in length or longer. Short films are under 20 minutes in length.
- All screeners must be subtitled in English, including films in english language. The films, once accepted in competition will be screened with Italian subtitles. The Producer needs to have a subtitle file (.srt file) of the film available in English or Italian. The Festival will charge a fee to translate the file and/or to create the srt file in accordance to the length and the type of file is presented (dialogue list, shooting script, etc ).
- Films that have shown theatrically or been broadcast on television in Italy prior to the Festival or are available on DVD or VOD are not eligible for competition.
- You may submit multiple entries but must fill out a separate entry form and pay an entry fee for each.
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR ENTRY:
- Entry fee (must be paid online).
- 3-Line Synopsis (may be used for Festival Program and website)
- FEATURE-LENGTH FILMS: 250 Word Synopsis (may be used for Festival Program and website)
- Accepted entries must submit at least one digital, horizontal 300dpi still photo from the film and at least one web-ready still at 72dpi and 560x315 pixels.
- Accepted entries must submit a password protected Vimeo or Youtube screener. Screeners must be subtitled in english for the judges to view.
Terms & Conditions
To enter your film into NÒT FILM FEST (festival), you (Producer) must:
- Enter via FilmFreeway
- Submit your film by June 8th 2020.
By entering your film on FilmFreeway, the Producer has entered the Film in the Festival and accepts the conditions, entry guidelines and terms and conditions set out below.
2. Judging of Films
- The Film will be notified of being shortlisted prior to the official selection of the program.
The Production will have to fill out a questionnaire and state what kind of premiere the
Film is having at Nòt Film Fest. The Film cannot have the premiere stated in the questionnaire in any other festival prior to the Festival.
The jury will view the films privately and the winners will be disclosed during the Award Ceremony.
4. Producer’s Representations and Warranties
The Producer hereby represents and warrants to Festival that:
- The Producer has the sole and full right and authority to accept the Terms and Conditions and enter into this agreement and grant the rights granted in the agreement;
- The film complies with the terms and conditions
- The rights (including the intellectual property rights) of the Film are assigned to Festival to utilize for broadcasting, promotional use and any other commercial purpose
- The Producer has permission to reproduce and exploit all third party materials (and / or the results and proceeds of all third party services) contained in the Film or upon which the Film is based;
- The Producer has permission or copyright in the sound recordings comprising the soundtrack of the Film and the music, lyrics reproduced
- All the performers in the Film have consented in writing to the use of their performances in the Film
- The Producer has from each contributor for the Film, a written release to use the results and proceeds of the contributors services, without limiting the right to edit, alter and/or reproduce the results and proceeds of the contributor by the Producer or Festival assignees and licensees.
- The Producer will pay all fees and other charges related to entry of the Film in the Festival
- All details submitted in the entry form by the producer are true and correct
- All payments to contributors in connection with the film have been paid
- No part of the film is, or will be, actionable for defamation or violate any right of privacy or publicity of any person
Festival may, in its sole discretion, disqualify a Film from the Festival if Festival has reason to believe that a Film does not, for any reason, comply with the Terms and Conditions.
The production will be held accountable for any expenses incurred by the festival from the day the film is notify of being shortlisted until the day the Film is disqualified.
6. Additional Documents
Producer hereby agrees to supply any additional documents (eg copyright for music, actors release etc...) if Festival requests.
Every possible care will be taken with entries while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for loss, damage or additional charges incurred en route, or due to normal wear and tear, or due to equipment failure. Do NOT send original prints or master copies. Additionally, Festival is held harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity or screening of any film.
The cost of shipping an entry to the Festival must be paid by the entrant or preceding festival. All international entries must be sent with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper. For films accepted into the Festival, the entrant is responsible for inbound shipping.