After the successful Event, The Northeast Mountain Film Festival is now accepting films, scripts and screenplays for NMFF 2020 session. Every year, we celebrate and experience the era of films and Cinema in the gorgeous mountains of Northeast Georgia. Our festival provides a platform for the most promising independent films and screenplays. The festival aims to promote exchange between emerging directors, new and established film workers, the global film industry and the community . Whether it's a major production from a professional company, a student film, or a micro-budget labor of love, the Festival is committed to giving each film due consideration. Northeast Mountain Film Festival received over 500 films from 40 countries and screened only the extra-ordinary 50 films including short, feature and documentaries in different genres such drama, thriller, social awakening, etc. We believe in the idea of making films should be done in a serene place where one adores nature and art. Dillard, where the festival was hosted this year is in the gorgeous Blue Ridge mountains has gathered film-makers from Europe, Canada and USA this year.
Northeast Mountain Film Festival 2018 Winners
1) Best Film : The Mountain Minor by Dale Farmer, The Mississippi Whistle by Justyn Bell
2) Best Director: Daljit Kalsi for Harvest Season & Bound
3) Best Actress: Hanni Bergesch for The Gray Woman
4) Best Actor: John Purdy for Angel In The Foxhole; Brian Bascle for Esther's Attic
5) Best Screenplay: Dr. Portia by Millie West
6) Best Comedy: Tumble Dry by Stephen Risiccia
7) Best Horror Short: The Last Vacation
8) Best Documentary: Journey Home by Tamara Nance
9) Best Music: Grandpa by John Niespodzianski
10) Best Music Video: Unhappy Holiday by Katie Garibaldi
11) Best Supporting Actor: Push by John Iwanokiw ( Directed by Jason Boyar)
12) Best Wildlife/Nature Documentary: Last of the Big Tuskers by James Currie
13) Best Animation: The Spirit Seam
14) Best Sci-Fi: The Curse of the Great Melinda by Mick Turpin
15) Best Student Film-maker: When I Leave by Alexis Barone
16) Best Experimental: Down to The Plastic Ocean by Dan Aguar
You must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations, including all deadlines, film length, entry material and other requirements.
1. All non-English speaking films must be presented in their original version with English subtitles.
2. Short Film Entries should not exceed 30 minutes in duration excluding titles provided the titles don’t last for more than 2 extra minutes.
3.Feature films are 40 minutes in length or longer. Short films are under 40 minutes in length. All non-English speaking films must be presented in their original version with English subtitles. All subtitling expenses are to be met by the film’s producer.
4. Films previously entered and screened at our festival are not eligible for re-entry in subsequent years.
5. All submissions are screened and evaluated by the HFF Preview and Selection Committees, appointed by the festival steering committee. Their reports are final and confidential. All films received, which meet our criteria, will be screened at the festival in our Distributed Cinemas.
6. In the event of a film being withdrawn, HFF will not be liable to refund the fee or return the materials entered.
7. HFF will attempt to resolve any technical matter related to the submission. For more information and queries, contact us.
8. One entry fee per category. The same film can be entered one or more categories, but each category requires an entry fee.
9. Student Filmmakers are encouraged to apply with their student identity to prevail occasional discounts.
10.Entries must be submitted for pre-screening through FilmFreeWay.com. If you use a secured link, you are REQUIRED to keep us updated with passwords or your film may be rejected.
12.Works in progress are accepted but are not encouraged. We cannot promise that we will be able to watch re-edited submissions. Please only submit works in progress if submitting close to the final deadline.
13.You may submit multiple entries but must fill out a separate entry form and pay an entry fee for each.