The Northeast Mountain Film Festival originated in a small historic town Dillard, GA nestled in Blueridge mountains with spectacular natural views and sceneries. The first year was celebrated in 2019. It was a very intimate environment where film-makers came over from different countries to celebrate the festivity of films and screenplays. We believe in simplicity and making the right connections to grow together in the long run with the film and scriptwriters and that is why those connections are very important.
We are now accepting films, scripts, and screenplays for the season of 2021. Each year, we are committed to celebrate and experience the era of Films and Cinema with highly accomplished professionals from all hooks and corners of the world. Our festival provides a platform for the most promising independent films and screenplays. The festival aims to promote exchange between emerging directors, new and established film workers, the global film industry and the community. Whether it's a major production from a professional company, a student film, or a micro-budget labor of love, the Festival is always looking for newer opportunities for giving each film due consideration and applause it deserves.
In the past, the festival had received over 500 films from 40 countries, and, after weeks of reviewing and judging by various film fraternities within and out of the US, only the extra-ordinary 50 films including short, feature, and documentaries in different genres such drama, thriller, social awakening in its first year.
Northeast Mountain Film Festival 2019 Winners are yet to be announced. All winners project/projects will be screened during the Award Ceremony 2021 in the state of GA. Due to the restrictions imposed on traveling due to the high risk of the pandemic of Coronavirus, our Annual Event had canceled. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
You must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations, including all deadlines, film length, entry material, and other requirements.
1. All non-English speaking films must be presented in their original version with English subtitles. All subtitling expenses are to be met by the film’s producer.
2. Short Film Entries should not exceed 30 minutes in duration excluding titles provided the titles don’t last for more than 2 extra minutes.
3.Feature films are 40 minutes in length or longer. Short films are under 40 minutes in length.
4. Films previously entered and screened at our festival are not eligible for re-entry in subsequent years.
5. All submissions are screened and evaluated by the NMFF Preview and Selection Committees, appointed by the festival steering committee. Their reports are final and confidential. All films received, which meet our criteria, will be screened at the festival in our Distributed Cinemas.
6. In the event of a film being withdrawn, NMFF will not be liable to refund the fee or return the materials entered.
7. NMFF will attempt to resolve any technical matter related to the submission. For more information and queries, contact us.
8. One entry fee per category. The same film can be entered into one or more categories, but each category requires an entry fee.
9. Student Filmmakers are encouraged to apply with their student identity to prevail in occasional discounts.
10.Entries must be submitted for pre-screening through FilmFreeWay.com. If you use a secured link, you are REQUIRED to keep us updated with passwords or your film may be rejected.
12.Works in progress are accepted but are not encouraged. We cannot promise that we will be able to watch re-edited submissions. Please only submit works in progress if submitting close to the final deadline.
13.You may submit multiple entries but must fill out a separate entry form and pay an entry fee for each.