*Web Series World Cup Participant!*
Just ten days after our first festival took place, we became one of FilmFreeway's Best-Reviewed Festivals -- and now as we enter our fourth year, we continue to get bigger and better thanks to the amazing talent that has been part of our events! Thank you to all the creators who took time to leave thoughtful reviews! We are #AllAboutTheCreators, and they clearly felt it! Just read the reviews and see for yourself.
Submissions from all over the world, and from every genre, are welcome. Quality is the only criteria: we want to showcase the very best.
We accept webseries, short films, pilots, trailers, music videos, narrative fiction podcasts, actual play fiction podcasts, actual play livestreams, and short scripts, so that all digital creators can experience the #JerseyMagic! (See our Rules section for more deets on submitting.)
Those who attend will be treated to a screening of their project at the beautiful Clairidge Movie Theater, so you can grab some popcorn and see your work up on the Big Screen!🍿 You will also have the opportunity to network and mingle with industry powerhouses, special guests, and fellow creators at the terrific 505 Cinema, where we hold our workshops and panels. Of course, parties will be part of the festivities throughout the weekend!
And our wonderful Awards Ceremony gives you the opportunity to eat, drink, and celebrate your work! Check out the pics, and follow our social media for videos from the events. You've never been to a festival like the #NJWebFest.
These are some of the honors that are expected for 2022 (subject to change, depending on submissions.)
WEBSERIES | PILOTS | TRAILERS | MUSIC VIDEOS | SHORTS
Best Actor in various genres (Comedy, Drama, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Fantasy...)
Best Actress in various genres (Comedy, Drama, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Fantasy...)
Best Supporting Actor in various genres (Comedy, Drama, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Fantasy...)
Best Supporting Actress in various genres (Comedy, Drama, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Fantasy...)
Best Guest Star
Best Director in various genres (Comedy, Drama, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Fantasy...)
Best Writing in various genres (Comedy, Drama, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Fantasy...)
Best Cinematography in various genres (Comedy, Drama, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Fantasy...)
Best Ensemble Cast - Comedic
Best Ensemble Cast - Dramatic
Best On-Screen Chemistry
Best Special Effects/Video Effects
Best Editing - Comedic
Best Editing - Dramatic
Best Theme Song
Best Series Premise
Outstanding Music Video
Direct Selection: LA WebFest
Direct Selection: Seoul WebFest
Direct Selection: Miami WebFest
Direct Selection: Asia Web Awards
Direct Selection: Rio WebFest
Direct Selection: Baltimore Next Media WebFest
Direct Selection: Minnesota WebFest
Direct Selection: Apulia WebFest
Direct Selection: London Short Series
Outstanding Short Film
Outstanding Comedy Series
Outstanding Drama Series
Outstanding Animation Series
Outstanding Sketch Comedy Series
Outstanding Dramedy Series
Outstanding Thriller Series
Outstanding Sci-Fi Series
Outstanding Unscripted/Reality Series
Outstanding Mockumentary Series
Michael J. Ajakwe Jr. “Don’t Wait Create!” Award
Best of the Best Web Series
Best Editing of an Actual Play
Best Editing of a Narrative Fiction
Best Sound Design of an Actual Play
Best Sound Design of a Narrative Fiction
Best Series Premise of a Narrative Fiction
Best Cover Art of a Fiction Podcast
Best Writing / Script
Best Game Master
Best Player Character Performance
Best Leading Performance
Best Supporting Performance
Best Ensemble Cast of an Actual Play
Best Ensemble Cast of a Narrative Fiction
Best Theme Song
Best Original Scoring
Best Family Friendly
Outstanding Actual Play Podcast playing D&D
Outstanding Actual Play Podcast not playing D&D
Outstanding Science Fiction
Outstanding Horror / Thriller
Best of the Best Fiction Podcast
ACTUAL PLAY LIVESTREAMS
Best Game Master of a Livestream
Best Player Character Performance in a Livestream
Best Costume/Makeup in a Livestream
Best Ensemble Cast of a Livestream
Best Cover Art of a Livestream
Best Overlay Design
Best VTT Integration in a Livestream
Outstanding Livestream playing D&D
Outstanding Livestream not playing D&D
ACTUAL PLAY PODCAST/LIVESTREAM CATEGORIES
Best Surprise Moment (Game Master to Players)
Best Surprise Moment (Players to Game Master)
Best Series Premise of an Actual Play
1. If you've uploaded a video file to FilmFreeway, great! But web series creators should also include a link for us to view your entire series. We are lovers of web series, and want to watch every episode before making our selections. You can also email us the link to your show at email@example.com. IF IT IS PASSWORD-PROTECTED, please make sure to provide us with the password.
2. Fiction Podcast creators: when you join FilmFreeway, you can upload your audio file by categorizing your work as "Music/Songwriting." It's currently the only category that allows you to upload audio-only files (but we're working with FilmFreeway on updating that!) :) So, get your work up and submit to get the film festival experience! Visit
newjerseywebfest.com/film-freeway-podcasts for more detailed instructions. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
3. There is no length requirement or limit to submit. Quality is our only criteria. So make it good! :) Please note, however, that if you get selected, we may ask for a truncated version of your project for screening purposes, depending on the length of your episodes.
4. Web series that have a spoken language other than English must be subtitled in English. If your fiction podcast is in a language other than English, we need you to email us an English transcript after submitting (email it to email@example.com; include your tracking number in the subject line). Music videos don't need to be subtitled or translated.
5. Actual Play Livestream creators: Your show must stream live on the internet, no edited pre-recorded shows are eligible in this category. Your back catalogue must be available for us to look through should we like. Please submit a single episode from your back catalogue that you feel best exemplifies your show. Please also include a link to the platform where your show streams live, as well as to your back catalogue if it is held somewhere else. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
6. Official Selections will be announced on or before August 1, 2022.
7. Award nominees will be announced on or before August 15, 2022.
8. Event date: September 22-25, 2022.