New Jersey's first web festival has arrived! We are excited to be entering our second year!
Submissions from all over the world, and from every genre, are welcome. Quality is the only criteria: we want to showcase the very best. Those who attend will be treated to a screening at in beautiful Montclair, NJ, at the Clairidge Theater, the premiere art house in the northeast, and will have the opportunity to network and mingle with industry professionals, special guests, and fellow creators. Workshops, panels, and parties will of course be part of the festivities!
We will be posting our list of awards soon. Keep an eye for coverage of the first festival this September 15-16.
Among the endorsements for our hot new festival, here are some remarks from Michael Ajakwe, the pioneer of web festivals, who launched the LA Web Fest in 2010: "When I heard Neem Basha wanted to start a web series festival in New Jersey, I was excited because there's a lot of creativity in that state, and we've received several outstanding web series from the state of New Jersey. It deserves its own festival celebrating local and international creators. Knowing Neem and the quality of his producing, I believe New Jersey Webfest will make its mark among the emerging galaxy of webfests in the United States and around the world. Thus, he has my support." Michael's resume also includes a hit show on BET, "Beauty and the Baller," as well as producing and writing credits on sitcoms such as "Martin," "Sister, Sister," and "Eve."
1. If you've uploaded an episode to FilmFreeway, great! But please also include a link for us to view your entire series. We are lovers of web series, and want to watch every episode before making our selections. You can also email us the link to your show at email@example.com. IF IT IS PASSWORD-PROTECTED, please make sure to provide us with the password.
2. Ideally, you should have at least three episodes produced, but if you have one or two outstanding episodes, with future episodes in the works, feel free to submit. If it's a cant-miss show, we won't pass up the chance to showcase you at our festival.
3. There is no length requirement or limit. Again, quality is our only criteria! We do require, however, that what you're submitting is part of a series. Don't submit a 24-minute short film disguised as a web series pilot.
4. Shows that have a spoken language other than English must be subtitled in English.
5. Official Selections will be announced by August 1, 2019.
6. Award nominees will be announced by August 15, 2019.
7. Event date: September 14-15, 2019