m-v-f- awards is the competitive segment of music video festival (m-v-f-) dedicated to professionals and artists interested in promoting their work in Brazil and internationally. The awards recognize the best of visual music production each year.
This year, the 8th edition of the awards, will award 15 Brazilian videos and seven international works (from non-Brazilian artists). New categories created especially to recognize the creative challenges of the pandemic include best lockdown video, best animated video, and best livestream/virtual concert. To be eligible videos must have been released or planned to be released between September 14th, 2019 and November 28th, 2020.
The international categories are:
_best direction in a music video
_revelation (best new director)
_best animation in a music video
_best lockdown video
_innovation (interactive, 360, XR, long-form, non-traditional)
_best music video
_best livestream or virtual concert experience
Previous participants/guests/jury members include Nabil, Kahlil Joseph, Kátia Lund, AG Rojas, Daniel Askill, Emicida, Ninian Doff, Pitty, Alex Courtès, Mick Rock, Jerry Casale (Devo), Carlos López Estrada, Vincent Haycock, Lais Bodansky, Sabrina Fidalgo.
The festival/awards have featured live music performances from artists including Marcelo D2, Woodkid, Kilo Kish, Karol Conka, Linn da Quebrada, Liniker, Jaloo, Mahmundi, Silva, Luedji Luna, Thiago Pethit, Xênia França, Nomi Ruiz, Rico Dalasam and Emicida.
1. HOW TO APPLY
- The awards are open to professionals and individuals that have produced at least one music video that has been made available online or in another viewing forum.
- Each video must be an official and original work for an artist/band.
- The music video must have been produced in compliance with the rights holders (artist, label, management).
- Once the video is enrolled, it will be considered for all applicable categories, and if selected will be chosen to compete in one or more categories as a finalist.
- Each entrant may submit as many different music videos as they want considered, however each video requires its own unique submission.
- If the video is a livestream music event or a non-traditional format and not available online, then we kindly ask entrants to describe in which format/platform it was originally streamed. Please provide a downloadable link for the material (WeTransfer, Google Drive, etc).
- All submitted music videos must have been released or expected to be released between September 14th, 2019 and November 28th, 2020. If the release date is before or after this timeframe, the video will be disqualified.
2. REGISTRATION AND TERMS
- Each entry must be submitted by their directors / producers and/or legal representatives, including a valid online link, showing the online publishing date.
- The registration form(s) must be fully completed and submitted by 11h59PM of November 28th, 2020.
- The registration deadline may be extended, if m-v-f- organizers decide to do so, in which case the new deadline will be announced on the website.
3. SELECTION, AUDIENCE CHOICE AND JURY AWARDS
- A team formed of professionals, consultants and curators of the Music Video Festival will choose the finalists that will be in the final competition in each category.
- The videos will be evaluated according to the following criteria: technical expertise; creativity and innovation; execution of the idea and appropriateness to the music.
- The finalists will be announced on the festival’s website, social media and through the press on January 11th, 2021.
- The finalists announcement may be postponed, if m-v-f- organizers decide so, in which case the new date will be informed in the website, social media and through press.
- The finalist videos will be made available at the festival's website and social media, as well as printed or online promotional material to be produced for the awards.
- The audience will be able to vote for the audience awards on m-v-f-'s website, during a determined time frame after the announcement of the finalists.
- The jury members, that will choose the winners for juried categories, will be announced at any time between the call for submissions and the finalists announcement.
- The entrants are aware that their names may be publicized in the festival’s online and printed communication pieces. Once enrolling at the m-v-f- awards, the entrants authorize the festival to use their names, the song name and the artist name for publicity purposes.
- Following safety guidelines for COVID-19 , this year's award ceremony won't happen physically. Further details and exact date for the winners announcement will be made available at the festival's website and social media and through press.
4. THE AWARDS
- Representative(s) will be awarded with one trophy for each winning video.
- The trophies will be sent out to the winners according to addresses that will be requested by m-v-f- production representatives.
- If the winner of the Jury Awards and the Audience Award should be the same music video, the representative will receive two trophies.
- The Jury and Festival decisions shall be final and binding on all entrants.
- There is no cash prize for any of the awards.
5. SUBMISSION OF VIDEOS AND PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL
- If your music video is selected as one of the finalists, you will be contacted by m-v-f-’s production person who will require that you send media in 1920x1080 HD via file transfer link for download, by a given date.
- If the work is of a non-traditional format such as VR, interactive, etc., the festival will be in touch to understand the best way to receive materials so that it can be exhibited properly.
- IF REQUESTED MATERIALS ARE NOT RECEIVED BY THE M-V-F-’S PRODUCTION DEADLINE, THE MUSIC VIDEO WILL BE ELIMINATED FROM THE COMPETITION.
- In addition to the music video file, the following material will also be required of selected videos:
(3) still images from video in high resolution.
(1) headshot/photo of director(s) in high resolution.
(1) Short 100-word or less biography of director(s).
(1) photo of artist or band in high resolution.
(1) Biography of artist or band.
IMPORTANT: By entering the awards entrants agree that their name, image and likeness may be used by Cinnamon and the Music Video Festival™ for publicity purposes in connection with the m-v-f- awards without remuneration.
Music Video Festival™ is a trademark of Cinnamon.