The Academy accredited Run&Shoot Filmworks Martha's Vineyard African American Film Festival also known as "The Summer's Finest Film Festival" is now entering its 21st year on Martha's Vineyard. We have screened and promoted some of the most outstanding and emerging Feature, Documentary and Short films produced by and starring African Americans from across the world. The majority of screenings and events take place at Martha's Vineyard Performing Arts Center (MVPAC) located adjacent to Martha's Vineyard Regional High School at 100 Edgartown Vineyard Haven Road.
Best Short Film
Best Feature Film
Best Documentary Film
FILM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Films must be by a writer, director, and/or producer who is a person of color (including but not limited to East Asian, South Asian, Black, African-American, Latino, and Pacific Islander) AND/OR feature people of color in the cast/storyline. At a minimum, films must highlight an inclusive cast that reflects the shifting demographics around the world.
- MVAAFF programming emphasizes premieres and new works in categories including narrative and documentary films, both features/shorts.
- Festival screenings will only be shown on MP4. files.
- Film must have a composite optical sound.
- Films in competition may not have had a commercial distribution or been broadcast in the United States. The programming committee reserves the right to waive this rule in the case of small non-commercial, non-publicized showings.
-It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to ensure that the submitted video link and password work throughout the selection process. The MVAAFF will attempt, but is under no obligation, to contact the Applicant using the contact information provided on the submission form in an effort to obtain the correct video link and or correct password of the Film. The MVAAFF reserves the right to disqualify, without refund of any or all submission fees previously collected from the Applicant, any Film/Video Link or password that does not work correctly.
- MVAAFF does not pay rental/screening fees. Instead, our limited resources are invested in the production and promotion of the best possible showcase for your work.
- Films must have been completed AFTER January 1, 2022.
- Works in progress may be submitted, as long as the final version is shared prior to the festival and a MP4 will be available for screening during the Festival.
- Previously submitted works are not eligible for re-submission.
FILM SUBMISSION PROCEDURE:
- All works must be submitted via ONLINE SCREENER via FilmFreeway. No other formats will be accepted.
- All submissions should adhere to the TRT requirements, as outlined in each category criteria.
- There is no limit to the number of submissions per submitter, provided they are separate submissions and the required submission fee is paid for each.
- All films must be uploaded as an online screener.
- Filmmakers will be notified via email of submission status by July 16, 2023.
-Filmmakers are encouraged to reach out via email if they feel they have not been notified.
- You must have your festival acceptance and release paperwork completed by July 15, 2023, and your electronic press kit materials and Filmmaker Checklist must be submitted ASAP, if accepted as an official selection.
FILM SUBMISSION FEES:
- Your submission will not be considered until the submission fee is paid in full via credit card. No exceptions.
- Submission fees will not be returned and are non-refundable.
FILM SUBMISSION CHECKLIST:
The following must be included for each submission:
- Submission Form (Accepted online exclusively via FilmFreeway, 1 per submission)
- Preview Screener or Script (online screener or PDF file required, uploaded via FilmFreeway)
- Submission Fee (Accepted online via FilmFreeway)
- Film Festival History & Confirmed Future Film Festival Participation
Optional, but recommended materials include: Brief Synopsis; Filmmaker Bio; Press Kit; Stills