Founded in 2003, the festival seeks to bring independent cinema from around the world to the city of Manlleu and to promote the talent of both emerging and established filmmakers. The MFF is held every July in the open air for 6 days in a privileged space by the river, which makes it a popular and unique festival.
Each edition includes an average of 50 Catalan and international short films selected from around 1000 entries, as well as several feature films in parallel sections. The program also includes lectures, workshops, family activities, filmmakers’ meetings and special screenings. The festival combines the international vocation with which it was born with the support to the cinema produced in Catalonia and the will to strengthen the Catalan audiovisual sector.
🏆 Best International Shortfilm rewarded with 1000€
🏆 Best National Shortfilm rewarded with 1000€
🏆 Best Local Shortfilm rewarded with 400€
🏆 Best youth jury shortfilm rewarded with 500€
1. Any film, recorded in any format could be submitted.
2. The length of the film must not exceed 25’, and must be completed after January 1, 2021.
3. We accept fiction, non-fiction, animation and experimental films. We do not make differences between film genres, they all compete in the same category.
4. The films can be submitted at www.filmfreeway.com.
5. The deadline for submission is March 29th, 2023.
6. The selection committee will select the short films and they will notify it to the production companies and/or the directors around June 1st, 2023.
7. The distributor company of the film agrees to send, in a digital format, a screening copy of the film. This format will be a “.mov” file, H264 or ProRes 422 codec, Stereo, without subtitles embedded. If the film contains dialogues in other languages than Catalan or Spanish, you must send an .SRT file with Spanish or English subtitles. The Festival will translate the subtitles into Catalan.
The deadline for sending the requested materials is June 15th, 2023.
8. The jury of the Festival, previously designed by the organisation, will issue the verdict of the National and the International competition. The decisions of the jury will be unappealable. If the jury consider to grant an ex-aequo award, the amount will be divided between the awarded films.
9. The shortfilms selected will be screened during the festival. By accepting this, the authors or production companies of the films confirm they own the copyrights.
10. The shortfilms of the National and International competition will compete for two awards: The National/International award (1000€*) and the young jury award (500€*).
11. Selected films might be used for educational purposes screenings during the following year, or to promote the Festival, prior notification to the production company of the film..
12. The participation to Manlleu Film Festival implies the acceptance of this regulations.
*All prizes will be subject to applicable legal withholding.