Manlleu Film Festival is a short-film festival that takes place in Manlleu (Barcelona). This is the 17th edition of a festival that started in 2003. Over the last years, the Festival has selected more than 600 shortfilms, and around 12.000 directors and producers have decided to submit their shortfilms.
Nowadays, with an audience of more than 600 spectators every year, Manlleu Film Festival is an internationally consolidated film festival.
The festival focuses on those films that explore the limits between reality and fiction.
—Best International Shortfilm rewarded with 1200€ (1383$)
—Best National Shortfilm rewarded with 1200€ (1383$)
—Best Local Shortfilm rewarded with 600€ (691$)
1. Any film, recorded in any format could be submitted.
2. The length of the film must not exceed 25’, and must be completed after January 1, 2018.
3. We accept fiction, non-fiction, animation and experimental films. We do not make differences between film genres, they all compete in the same category.
4. The films can be submitted at www.filmfreeway.com.
5. The deadline for submission is March 3rd, 2019.
6. The selection committee will select the short films and they will notify it to the production companies and/or the directors around April 30th, 2019.
7. The distributor company of the film agrees to send, in a digital format, a screening copy of the film. This format will be a “.mov” file, H264 or ProRes 422 codec, Stereo, without subtitles embedded. If the film contains dialogues in other languages than Catalan or Spanish, you must send an .SRT file with Spanish or English subtitles. The Festival will translate the subtitles into Catalan.
The deadline for sending the requested materials is May 12, 2019.
8. The jury of the Festival, previously designed by the organisation, will issue the verdict of the International competition. The decisions of the jury will be unappealable. If the jury consider to grant an ex-aequo award, the amount will be divided between the awarded films.
9. The shortfilms selected will be screened during the festival. By accepting this, the authors or production companies of the films confirm they own the copyrights.
10. The shortfilms of the international competition will compete for an award rewarded with a 1200€*. This prize will be the same for the national competition.
11. All the selected films could be used to promote the festival, unless the production company notifies the opposite.
12. The participation to Manlleu Film Festival implies the acceptance of this regulations.
*All prizes will be subject to applicable legal withholding.