Luksuz festival poceni filma (Luksuz Cheap Film Festival) was established in 2003 by Luksuz Production, the video production label of the Society of Allies for Soft Landing, Krško (DZMP), motivated by the advent of cheap film production and the consequent democratisation of media. The festival features short and low-budget film productions by both domestic and foreign emerging filmmakers and activists, created in a non-commercial or non-institutional context and offering an alternative to mainstream "Hollywood" and national film productions.
SUBMISSION IS OPEN ONLY TO AUTHORS/FILMS FROM Albania, Armenia, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Northern Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Ukraine.
Luksuz Cheap Film Festival welcomes films that present a critical stand point and tackle subjects as * alternative youth culture, * alternative social movements, * activism
* feminism, gender and sexuality * (in)justice *social/cultural/political issues.
We see our mission as presentation and promotion of short films which share stories from Albania, Armenia, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Northern Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Ukraine.
Luksuz festival poceni filma wants to show short and low budget alternative, activists’ films and videos, which are made by emerging filmmakers.
We are looking forward to
- (CREATIVE) DOCUMENTARY films with social critic
- (CREATIVE) DOCUMENTARY films challenging documentary form
- (CREATIVE) DOCUMENTARY films which present alternatives to mainstream and dominant social, political and cultural formations
- FILMS MADE BY YOUNG AUTHORS (UP TO 18 Y.O. ONLY!!!)
We understand creativity as novelty in terms of approach in documentary production and its subject.
!!! WE DO NOT ACCEPT TV SHOW, REPORTAGE, COMMERCIAL AND PROMO VIDEO !!!
1. Short documentary films (maximum video length is 20 minutes),
2. Films made by children and youngsters up to 18 years old (short documentaries, short fiction films and short animations) up to 10 minutes.
The festival will be held in Youth Center Krško, Cesta krških žrtev 105, Krško, Slovenia.
SUBMISSION IS OPEN ONLY TO AUTHORS/FILMS FROM Albania, Armenia, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Northern Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine.
1. The duration for films is up to 20 minutes, films made by youngsters (up to 18 y.o.) should not be longer than 10 minutes due to the limited projection time. The number of entries by author(s) is not limited.
2. Films made by children and youngsters can also be fiction, animation or documentary. Kids films section is meant for films made by kids from 10 to 18 years only.
2. Films of any language should be obligatory subtitled in English.
3. Films may be sent via link for download (.mov, .avi, mp4). Please make sure to submit an HD version of your film.
4. Only films completed in 2018 and 2019 are eligible.
5. There is no entry fee.
6. DZMP is not able to send DVDs back to the submitters. Each film submitted will be included in the festival’s archives, for the internal use only.
7. Deadline for submissions is November 16, 2019.
8. DZMP is not able to pay any rental or screening fee.
9. Each film will be previewed by the preview jury, which will select the films to be shown at the Luksuz Film Festival.
10. Before the festival all submitters of the selected films will be informed via e-mail about the selection for the Luksuz Film Festival.
12. All submitters of the selected films should provide an HD digital file of their film suitable for screening (.mov, .avi, .mp4) before December 9.
11. Films selected for the Luksuz Film Festival 2019 will be (with author’s agreement) taken into consideration for alternative microcinema distribution in the network of Youth and Film clubs.