The Kaaffilm Short Film Festival is an independent film festival that puts the spotlight on short films – a category that unfortunately doesn’t get the mainstream attention it deserves. We accept submissions from all over the world and provide a platform for short films that challenge the way we think about cinema.
1º Kaaffilm International Short Film Festival is a short film festival with a competition program for international short films. For our 2022 event, we are planning a hybrid festival presentation.
The Kaaffilm Short Film Festival is an essential platform for both emerging and established filmmakers, arguably the most important showcase for the free, independent film industry Online. The competition program for international short films attracts industry people from all over the world together, and the festival facilitates industry events such as panels and presentations, talks and open discussions, and networking opportunities connecting international film professionals.
Awards are given in the following categories:
This competition is for emerging filmmakers, student filmmakers, and independent filmmakers.
* “KAAFFILM Award” | This category is only for filmmakers who made short film specifically about HUMAN RIGHTS. All types of short films will be accepted; Narrative, documentary, experimental or animated films or videos up to 20 minutes in length.
* “International Spotlight” | This category is for all US & International filmmakers around the world. This category is for all US & International filmmakers around the world. The Kaaffilm International Short Film Festival is open to Narrative, Documentary and, Animation short films from any country which are under 20 minutes in length.
* “Children Spotlight” | This category is only for filmmakers who made a short films specifically about CHILDREN. Narrative short films up to 20 minutes in length will be accepted.
IRANIAN WOMEN FILMMAKER
* “Zan Spotlight” | This category is only for Iranian WOMEN filmmakers who reside in the Iran, if you are not Iranian women director you must enter your film through the International option. All types of short films will be accepted; Narrative, documentary, experimental or animated films or videos up to 20 minutes in length. (Only Iranian Women Filmmakers).
Your film may be disqualified if you don't follow our rules and terms.
The festival will not consider demo reels, web series, commercials or advertisements, video or new media games, films with the prior commercial release, industrial and instructional films. These entries may be considered to run out of competition.
FOR FULL RULES & GUIDELINES, VISIT:
Submissions for 1º Kaaffilm International Short Film Festival 2022 are made through "FilmFreeway or Festhome" and "Entry Form".
IMPORTANT: To participate in the competition you must complete both platforms.
Visit our FilmFreeway or Festhome page to learn more about how to submit.
Visit our Entry Form [https://forms.gle/hMq9BHBkymjVGRNs9] page to learn more about how to submit.
1. Maximum length 20 minutes (24/25 frames per second)
2. Completed in 2020, 2021 or 2022
3. All films must have English subtitles also when the spoken language is English
4. Premiere not required
5. All genres are welcome
6. Films can only be submitted once – no resubmissions from previous editions
7. Please be sure that you have all rights, concerning thirds parties, needed in order to participate at Kaaffilm
8. Online digital submission only. Films for pre-screening must be uploaded via FilmFreeway or Festhome
9. No promotional films (e.g. educational, industrial, advertising, tourist films, etc.)
10. Low-quality copies are accepted for selection screening, but cinema screening formats must be high-quality – HD 720p or above
1. Deadline 15th of July 2022
2. Submission must be done via FilmFreeway.com or Festhome.com and Entry Form
3. Early-bird deadline 1st of May: No Fee
4. Regular deadline 1st of June: No Fee
5. Late deadline 15th of July: No Fee
6. Notification Date 1st of August
7. NO waivers or refunds
The organizers will appoint a selection committee that will be in charge of the final selection for the competition. The organizers may also authorize persons, whom they consider competent, to pre-select films for the selection committee or directly to the competition.
1. Entrants will be notified of the selection results no later than the 1st of August 2022
2. Final selection screenings in September 2022